Whole new CatBack or just Mufflers?

Evenflow

yellow snow cone lover
Nov 4, 2004
Mass
I was thinking of either getting some Flowmasters Delta 40 Catback...but its pretty expensive ($400+)

So I talked to another user and he suggested just getting the Delta 40 mufflers (Like $150)

What will the sound difference be? Power difference?

What do you guys think? :shrug:

Edit:: everything is stock on this car.

• Sponsors (?)

From what I've heard you get more performance and maybe a little better sound from the catback because of the pipe designs. I'm not sure if it would be enough to justify the $250 difference. I'm just going to get the original 40 mufflers and not the CB.

Do you plan on modding the car any more??

If you just want sound, weld in some mufflers and maybe some tips later on down the road.

If you want to build on it with mods later on, the larger mandrel bent pipe of a cat-back will help you out better.

"Most of us just want the sound of a good ol American muscle car."

Yea, thats all I want :D

Down the road sure I will do some minor mods like air filter, maybe an offroad pipe or something, but for the time being I just want a muscle car sound.

How much should I be looking to pay for some delta 40 mufflers? And what kind of tips should I get?

I actually have two old-school 2-chamber flowmasters for sale. They are not the super 40's they are the older design. Less than 5000 miles. They are 2.25" so they will fit a stock cat-back, you'll just need to have a shop weld them onto your cat-back. I just want $50 for both.

Mustang5L5 said:
I actually have two old-school 2-chamber flowmasters for sale. They are not the super 40's they are the older design. Less than 5000 miles. They are 2.25" so they will fit a stock cat-back, you'll just need to have a shop weld them onto your cat-back. I just want $50 for both.
Go with these original 40 series Flows. I have heard both the delta and originals and had the 40's on my GT. The old school 2-chamber mufflers sound ALOT better...they're louder, deeper, and scream abit more up top. Not to mention CHEAPER from Mustang5L5 :nice:

Mustang5L5 said:
There's your best deal!!!
And when you're ready for additional noize, throw a new midpipe at it.