WHOLLY ****! I have 1 week to put in a engine/tranny in my car...OPERATION GUMBO DROP

Yeah it pretty much just hit me that I have 1 week to build my engine, slap some heads on it, add a tranny and get it running so I can drive it across florida so I can go to college. Im planning on leaving the 25th to go to my first year of College in Tampa. I live on the opposite coast, in West Palm Beach. What I have to do now is: Assemble my short block(are stock main bolts torque to yeild???), add a cam, add trickflow heads, add a vortech, add my power steering, add my air conditioning, add a centerforce clutch, add a t-5, add full exhasut and a drive shaft. I dont even know what I would do if I didnt have a car, maybe rent one to drive up??? What im asking for is people who have engine building experience to post their AIM screenames if they dont mind me contacting them with questions(ARE MAIN BOLTS REUSABLE?????). Also everytime this thread pops up, can ya please just check it out? Heres my first question:

I bought a set of ARP main bolts, problem is they didnt come with the stud so I can mount the oil pickup tube to it. Can I use 9 of the ARP bolts and then my stock bolt for the oil pickup?

Tomorow I want ot have my shortblock together, the only way im going by is my Haynes manual..... Anyone want to throw in some pointers/tricks/what i need to do??

As of now I pretty much think im about to be :owned: by my self.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn Keven, that's not a lot of time. :( I don't know anything about assembling lower ends, so I'm afraid I'm no real help to you. But I did do my h/c/i, so if you have ANY questions about that kind of stuff, feel free to email me, PM me, call me or whatever. I'm sending you a PM with my contact info. Good luck! :nice:

bjl95mustang said:
shouldent hurt anything. i would do that.

We were looking at it and if we use the spacers the bolt wont be able to thread into the block as much as it would, thats bad I would think. Maybe I can bend the pickup tube a lil but then the pickup will be 1/4 inch higher in the oil pan then before. What do oyu think? Stock bolt, washers or bend the tube?