Who's almost done??

I know you're never really done with your car. But who is actually getting close to saying ok, that's enough performance parts for now, I'll be happy for a while. I know I am, I'm missing a 3200 stall, 24lb inj, MAF, sfcs, and the damn tune. Doesn't seem like a lot after everything I've already added. Now body wise, there's still a lot of work so I'm not even going into that.

• Sponsors (?)

after I finaly get the new motor sorted out..should be good to go now.

get bullit/mach1 shocks/struts and a LMAF/70mm t-body that will be it for a good long bit.

Hope to get it re-painted in the next 2 years or so...maybe some summit/jegs seats at that time. Just want to enjoy it, no further power plans until this motor goes...and I hope that is several years down the road

I'm pretty much done. I just "need" my 4.30 gears and 31 spline rear end stuff. A set of mickey thompson drag radials are on the list too. I'm close to my goal so what I listed will get me there and maybe some weight reduction too. My goal is to have a high 10 second potential/capable pump gas street car that can and will be driven anywhere. When I say potential, I mean mph wise.

I also need caster camber plates and an alignment. My exterior is stock minus 5% tints and WILL stay that way. I prefer the street sleeper look.

Mine has really slowed down, but now Im buying the more pricey stuff. Such as brakes, tranny, etc. I also want to repaint the bumpers, decklid, and add a new hood. I have another $20,000 planned for mine. If only I had the money.

My motor will be done. THe only other thing i want is a new front bumper, spoiler, paint job, etc. Small things. But that will be put on hold. Its time to get my LIFE BACK after this motor is back together. :lol:

Cool thread.:nice: My car has had some weird drivability problems after my h/c/i install so I havent really even driven it yet. But it is at MD Performance for diagnosis and repair. My engine will be complete at that point. I may change out the mufflers or ad cats if too loud and that will be it for HP mods for a long time considering I will be at max N/A.

Once I finish the motor I will probably be pretty close to done. Until something breaks, then it will start all over again, HMMM lets see, tranny can't handle the power halfway through the summer so in will come the TKO600, you get the idea.

I am almost ready to build a KB equipped 03 cobra or a do up a TT Saleen or something sick like that. I just can't stop, it just might be on another car though. NO I AM NOT SELLING MY COBRA TO BUY MY NEXT STANG, lol!

With THIS car at least i'll finally be done when i get these new aluminum heads on, tune it, get a Cobra R hood, and perhaps some new rims and tires. Still have a couple grand to go. Damn.

I said that if and when I hit 11's NA I was done... but when I broke after my 12.03 run that all changed. If I am able to do what I have planned next, that will be it for the engine/tranny. As for the rest of the car, well that's only just begun. I plan to swap body kits with something else (undecided as of now), put a stereo in it, do some trick fiberglass work, and clean up the engine bay. Then I'll be done, but given how long its taken me to get where I'm at now (9yrs) it will be another 9 before I'm done with all of that I bet.

nmcgrawj said:
My motor will be done. THe only other thing i want is a new front bumper, spoiler, paint job, etc. Small things. But that will be put on hold. Its time to get my LIFE BACK after this motor is back together. :lol:

Yes, I can exactly identify with you. It's is a hobby but with complications, my life feels like it centers around the dam car right now. I hope for that to be overwith this week so I can stop being so selfish with my time and attention and devote more time to my family.