Who's got a cage? Talk me in or out of it

Saleen8786

Oct 7, 2003
Marlton, NJ
Well damn i dont really want a bar but i do need one,i race on the street and the track and dont really feel like getting one run off and getting kicked out or wrapping around a tree, sooooo give me some reasons to put a bar in my car guys:D,i dont want to cus to me it wont be considered a street car,i always have people in the back seat,swingouts are noisy but i hate climbing over a bar,i do girls in the back seat,ill have to cut up my brand new black carpet,my car will be heavier etc:D. now give me some good reasons like it will look badass and i can finally put a 4point harness in it. Also could some of you guys post interior pics of stangs with cages

• Sponsors (?)

I have always kind of been against a cage (at least in my car) only because of what a pain in the ass that has to be. What if you ever had to get in the back seat for something? Not worth it for me, and I really don't need one, as my car is only a street car,not a track only car. I can understand if you need one for saftey in a track car though.

I have often wondered how the chassis would feel haveing that extra strength though.

yea the chicks wont like the cage but they'll learn to haha but i just installed a novi 2000,so i will need the cage:D should go mid 11's now as i was told by my buddy that owns a shop,any body have pics of their cages not pet carriers:lol:

It's not that complicated. If you're running 11.49 or faster, or plan to in the near future, put a cage in it. If you're not running that fast, don't put a cage in it :shrug: I don't see the confusing part... If you want it just because it looks cool, then you're not cool. We tend to make fun of people with cages that don't run the number.

Bar made the car alot stronger. The car use to twist up pretty bad w/ the t tops. It's a maximum motorsports 6 point w. removable door bars.

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php