• Sponsors (?)

C.Saleen said:
just wondering whos got wat and how they like it

02 s281 sc

steeda tri ax
bassani off road X
borla cat back

1985 #69 Black & Tan Hatchback
Far from stock, too much to list, like it a bunch :)

1989 #634 Navy & Gray Vert
Just about stock, like it the best, 170,000 miles should say it all :)

2000 #291 White & Black Speedster
Almost stock looking, almost stock powered, if I "need" to drive a Saleen more than 200 miles in a sitting, this is the one of choice :)

1989 # 28 heads, cam, intake, 3.55's drove it till I broke it. Still love it. cant get it to run right, noise from the bottom end. Looks like a 347 stroker is going into that one.

1990 # 25, put 75K miles on it stock, loved it, sold it, want it back

2002 # 340 N/A loved it, sold it, had big plans for it. Wife made me buy her a house. For your money there are better choices for blowers, but......

1995 S351 R- Code. 5,000 orig. miles. Love it, all stock, King Kong of Saleens IMO.

As a owner of multiple Saleens I think maybe I can say a few things about Saleen aftermarket parts.

If you compare most of their products to others there are probably more inexpensive comparable products. That old Saleen/Vortech intake was a great upgrade(still looking for an original clean example). As for subframes,gears,wheels, blowers, It's just personal preference. I see you have an 02 S281 S/C. Nice. IMO, you have done a few nice things, I like that shifter a little better than the Saleen/Hurst, and depending what number your car is, it probably came with that Borla X-pipe, but I like the Bassani too!
You could probably do some 3.55's or 3.73's for some more pop. Go for a smaller pulley, re-flash or go with a new burned chip, and do some cold air intake, TB or mass air. Just a few more things that are not too expensive to give you some more pop. Also, maybe a goog set of MM or Global West subframe connectors would be a good idea (with seat supports.) You will tell a difference after the sub's are installed. my car exits uneven, bumby turns totally flat now. Like a big go cart. I like it.
That Saleen maxgrip diff is a nice piece but pricey. I liked the car I drove with it, but I don't know if I will spring for it on any of my own cars right now at least.
As a package a Saleen Mustang is a nice car. The ground effects and wings on our cars actually do some work. A nice set of Fiske wheels are lighter and stronger than my magnesium speedlines, but they are what they are.
I could go on.

Just my two cents.

Stock N/A Coupe. Love it!
No mods yet, fixin to put a plenum on and maybe 4.10s.
My 3.55s are nice but looking for more. And probably an O/R X-pipe.
She'll stay like that until I either I go blown or cams/heads/LTs

01-519 S281-SC

Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
Maximum Motorsports Coil overs front and rear
Maximum Motorsports full length SFCs
Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace
Steeda front shock tower brace (modified to clear the Eaton)
1998 Cobra rear swaybar

Upgraded to Saleen Brembo front brakes
11.5" vented cobra rear brakes

BBK CAI (modified)
Magnaflow catted X-pipe

2003 cobra radiator
Aluminum Driveshaft
TA Performance rear girdle

2003 cobra mirrors, some billet and carbon fiber stuff, 10" sub in stealth box (removable for autoX), cleared out front headlights

Too much to list...(plus I am old, so I have forgotten half of what I have done) So here is a few pics and a small video.
Not seen are the Frpp rear brakes and Griggs Gr-40 rear suspension. The car has performed great at over 60 track events, and 8 days of instructing.
http://photos.imageevent.com/sbmotorsports/wheelsofadventure/Mov00604.mpg
1_Dsc00495.jpg

1_Dsc00493.jpg

Dsc01257.jpg

Dsc00983.jpg

Dsc00494.jpg

Dsc01382.jpg

Dsc01307.jpg

This is when I have many events, the lightest it gets for me, about 2900 pounds.
Dsc00269.jpg

Img_5144.jpg

Attachments

• 1_Dsc00495.jpg
    1_Dsc00495.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 1_Dsc00493.jpg
    1_Dsc00493.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Dsc01257.jpg
    Dsc01257.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Dsc00983.jpg
    Dsc00983.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Dsc00494.jpg
    Dsc00494.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 95
I have always been a HUGE admirer of his car. If i were to pick one person to meet in person it would probably be him

Everyone should meet at least one crazy person during their lifetime. :flag:

The tires on the '95 Cobra R's are Yokohama OA32R H compound. 275/40R17 on 17 X 9 for the front and 315/35R17 on 17 X 10.5 rear. I also use 2k R's with 275/35R18 Hoosiers, although the hoosiers are more expensive and don't last nearly as long. So I go a bit slower for a lot less money.

The cams were replaced with SHM Cams. A word of warning, do not put in these cams unless you can live with a very rough running engine at rpm's below 3500. But it does indeed come alive after 3500.

I give a lot of rides at the tracks, in fact, my best time ever at Thunderhill was when I had a 200+ pound passenger.

I'll be down at Thunderhill for a 2 day event on April 1-2. Anyone in the area is more than welcome to stop in for a ride.

The car is a blast to drive on the track, it is extremely easy to drive fast. For street driving it really sucks, I prefer to drive my smoother, quieter, better riding vehicle...a 4 wheel drive F250. :D

StoneV10 said:
The car is a blast to drive on the track, it is extremely easy to drive fast. For street driving it really sucks, I prefer to drive my smoother, quieter, better riding vehicle...a 4 wheel drive F250. :D

What happened to the lighning?

*EDIT* and do you have the larger version of your avatar? Say, computer wallpaper worthy?

-Mike

lets just say 473 rwhp 411 rw torque, way to many mods to list.

So you are saying you have at least 550HP at the crank? :lol:

Hummmm...I have pretty much the same mods, but also have SHM cams, but I can't seem to get past the 353rwhp spot with the Saleen blowser. But then again, I don't think I want to with stock internals.

StoneV10 said:
So you are saying you have at least 550HP at the crank? :lol:

Hummmm...I have pretty much the same mods, but also have SHM cams, but I can't seem to get past the 353rwhp spot with the Saleen blowser. But then again, I don't think I want to with stock internals.

What kind of racing do you do anway? American Iron Extreme (just guessing), do they limit the power to weight ratio you can have in order to race?

-Mike