who's running a 31x19 radiator in their 94/95's

ponyboy19

Founding Member
May 24, 2000
Thinking of getting an Afco 31x19 radiator to fit in my 95. Just wondering who's used one and how much trouble you had getting it to fit. I don't see much about this on 94/95's. I'm not running anything but the radiator up front so no A/C condensor, lines, etc.. It' appears it will fit very tightly but pics and install tips would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running a griffin 31x19. Its been awhile but you kind of have to play around with the bottom rubber radiator grommets and shave them down some to get the radiator to tuck under the top hood latch railing. I also had to cut off part of the ABS bracket to get the radiator to slide in fully on the passenger side.

Just thought I would update this post for anyone who is searching for this type of info since I had trouble finding some for the 94/95's. I went a head and bought my Afco 31x19 Part# 80102FN and it fit perfect. I had to grind a bit off the upper lip to get it to slip underneath the top beam but other than that it was great. I removed all the bottom bracketry and anything associated with the stock radiator and overflow bottle and the bottom lip of the radiator slipped between the support beam and part of the bracket on the bottom corners so it's solid. Then I bent up two brackets for the top and bolted them down.. Solid as a rock and MUCH bigger than factory size. On the two vertical supports the fins take up every bit of space between them for maximun air flow. I will mention though that I no longer use the overflow bracket and the sensor box attatched to it I moved to the inner fender. I have no A/C condensor either although I don't think that would be a problem? The pictures makes it look like the upper radiator hose would hit the air filter but there is plenty of room 2"-3".. it's just the camera angle as can be seen by other pictures on my website.
Radiator1.jpg

Radiator2.jpg