Who's running an X pipe and a Mac catback?

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Im pretty set on the UPR o/r X pipe... I thought I wanted Magnapacks or SLP LM-II's but then I realized it would sound very close to how my car sounds now.

I just heard the x-pipe/Mac combo and I like it. A true X pipe doesnt really seem to give it all the rhaspy popping sound, and the Mac's are close, but not too close to Flowmasters in sound. So basically, you get a nice chambered sound putting around but lay into it and the X pipe speaks.

So if anyone is running this, how do you like it?

• Sponsors (?)

i had a mac catback with a bassani offroad x pipe. sounded like crap. only kep the x on for 3 days and took it off. way to raspy. now im stuck whether to buy cats to add to the x or go with an offroad H pipe.

I had a 97 Cobra with BBK L/T's, Bassani X pipe with two cats, and a Flowmaster 2 chamber catback. AMAZING sounding Cobra! It sounded like a really high tech and tuned exhaust. No popping, no raspy, no carbon on rear bumper.

MAC catbacks are deeper than Flows. I have had both. I like the MAC tru fit. Easy bolt on tail pipes and no exhaust leaks, no welding, no clamping!!

sounds good
i am running the UPR O/R X-pipe and SLP LMII's
sounds good
dont have a clip of it yet but i will
sounds good at idle not too loud but once you get into it that beautiful sound of a mustang comes out and when you hit 2k rpm's she really speaks.
go with that x and SLP LMII's

Well I ended up going with this setup after a while. It took me some time before I did any exhaust work.

Im happy with it, the majority of the time I have had the tail pipes disconnected from the catback because it sounds so damn raw and straight nasty with it coming over the axle and dumping.

Id reccomend this combo to someone who is looking to be different... Mac's have a nice tone no matter what you pair them with.

BBK and Bassani X's will sound a little different than other brands because they are a "stamped" X design.

I have a dynomax OR x pipe(2.5") leading into a MAC 3" catback with 3.5" tips. It's extremely loud, but in open air the car sounds like it's in a tunnel. I love it, but it isn't a daily driver. If you run cats I think you could tone it down and not be offensive.