Why do Grand Prix try to race me?

Blackwood said:
Calm down man, I'm not a troll. I didn't come here to bash. Someone wanted to know why GTP's think they have a chance again a GT and I thought I would answer. The link was sent to me so I didn't notice the date but that doesn't matter, because the answer is still the same. GTP's can pack a punch.

BTW I've also had a 65 and a 94 Mustang and my buddy who helps me with most of my mod work owns a modified Cobra. So I have nothing against mustangs. I fact I would love to get my hands on one of the new Shelby's.:D

I've also been a member at SVT performance for a while now. No one has ever had a problem with me there so why are you sweating me?

There are several Mustang owners on the ClubGP forum. We value their input and have great conversations with them. Why not give me and any other non-mustang owner the same chance.

My mom drives a GTP... :D

Just kidding, man. I have respect for people who like a good car, whether it's Ford or GM or whatever. Just as long as it's not a pimped out Civic!

• Sponsors (?)

droptopponynj said:
So a troll linked another troll to a 2 year old thread on a Mustang forum...nice. Can you give us a link to the thread you guys are all bagging on us and claiming kills on Mustangs. We like a good laugh also.

Nice..... Where did I bag on you? If you can read I posted a link on my first post....:shrug: Get over yourself, I came here because I have a 65 that I'm getting ready to restore, I just posted a link for '04+ track time and dyno numbers, where is the harm in that? I have no problems with Mustangs, they are nice / fast cars.

In case you missed it... http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1433500&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Oh and I don't "claim" any of my kills no matter what car it is, I just take care of business at the track. And when I do beat them, I don't claim my car to be faster or better, it usually comes down to the other guy not knowing how to drive / launch...

I wasn't trying to impress you but there are some in the 14's stock and a few in the 13's with a pulley and exhaust.:cheers: The only thing that I was trying to do by posting the times was to give you guys an idea of what mods do what to the GP's....

Hmm, well obviously the one I raced at the track was HIGHLY modified. He beat me lol, but trap was nearly identical...darn 15" MT DRs let him pull a car instantly off the line :nonono: .

he also had a little "COMPCAMS" sticker on the sidewindow....looked kinda gutted and had ice on the blower...and they pushed it to the line. I wasnt too upset...and my 12.79 run beat like all of his. I just had a bad launch when we lined up.

What was also funny is lining up against some old cars that were trailered and had slicks...this one guy (big cam, slicks, pushed to the line, ect) jumped me off the line about 2 cars....then his pull just STOPPED and we trapped like the same. I was like :banana: lol..makes you feel good.

It sure does make you feel good when you take one of those guys that trailered their car and you own them on the tree and beat them or nearly beat them.

I recently ran a heads up race against a modded C5 Z06 and I beat him on reaction and 60' and nearly took him. LOL He ran a 12.5 @ 120 to my 13.1 @ 103(2700' altitude) but my 60' was a 1.8 to his 2.2 and my R/T was .05x to his .3xx. I bet he was pretty stressed thinking that he might get beat by a sedan LOL...

There was a Cobra there running 10's, he had many mods and that thing sounded mean, you could hear the tires biting on every shift!:nice:

GTP Club

Hello everyone, I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth, There are a few guys here that belong to a GTP club and I know them all, I have to tell you for a 4 door sedan they can flat get it, I know that a lot of you won't admit it, But it is true, and the funny part is for around 400 bucks they can get into the low 14s, Not bad for a 6 cyl if you ask me, Props to Pontiac for this one. Watch out for the sleepers because you never know.lol
MustangBill.

who cares? why are all these GTP people posting here.
RPM PLANET welcomes all car enthusiasts equally..give it a try.
here we are kinda fond of MUSTANGS and really don't give much thought to Pontiacs fast or not.

I see some are not open minded.

droptopponynj said:
who cares? why are all these GTP people posting here.
RPM PLANET welcomes all car enthusiasts equally..give it a try.
here we are kinda fond of MUSTANGS and really don't give much thought to Pontiacs fast or not.

I never said I was a GTP person, I was just stating a fact, And I guess you can't handle it. Be blind if you wish, I drive a 05 Mustang and I am man enough to admit there are other cars other than Mustang.