why do people think your going fast when your car is loud?

• Sponsors (?)

Because they are stupid and like to think they are grownups whenthey are really big shouting babies that need to be punched....HARD.

Just carry some baby bottles and pacifiers around with you and throw them out the window at them when they do it.

A while back I was in a band that had a young-people band before mine, and I was basically asked not to drive my Mustang to practice anymore, cause the parents were scared I was going to run over their children..... Just cause I would idle through the parking lot (with open headers :D)

lol good, be scared and get the fawk out of the way is the way i see it, most people are morons who slow people down and cause traffic, i wish to be moving at decent speeds....kills me to downshift shift and brake because morons dont know how to drive,hehe aka tailgators who dont realize their not going anywhere...and cutting me off and closing up my safety gap is not cool. safety gap also allows me to almost never use my brakes on freeway, i usually just let off gas,heh

yeah, I had a nieghbor back when i lived at my dads house that would allways try to tell me to slow down! I just gave him the bird and peeled out when i got to the stop sign that was about 5 houses from his. I really hate people like that!

closing up my safety gap is not cool. safety gap also allows me to almost never use my brakes on freeway, i usually just let off gas,heh
+1 here dawg - I am all about rolling with the safety gap!

everyone tellin me to slow down cause i was setting car alarms off when i was trying to park
Gotta love a car that sets off alarms. :)

There's a lady in my subdivision that ALWAYS yells at me to slow down despite the fact that I drive like a maw maw in our subdivision (lot of kids).

Loud = fast. Just look at the ricers.

Wes

I worked in a corprate building where the receptionist was literally just a few feet from the front door. The entrance was all glass, so she had a clear view of everyone driving in and out of the parking lot. Several times she had told me to slow down. Well........my wife and I were leaving the office one day and as we passed the receptionist desk this lady told my wife that I drive way too fast in the parking lot and should stop squeeling my tires! OMG! My wife then proceeded to tell the lady to mind her own business and that she knew for a fact that I would not waste my tires like that, especially at work. She finished the confrontation by telling the receptionist that......and I quote........"just because his car is loud doesn't mean it's going fast or squeeling the tires. Get a life."

I really didn't care about it, but when that lady told my wife, I figured she was probably telling other people too and I didn't want her to get me into potential trouble. I found out a few weeks later that she HAD told other people and they vouched for me. :)

I think I've got at least a couple neighbors that would like to say something to me, but since there's a couple ricers that visit other neighbors now and then, I'm the least of their audible problems. I have to live around my neighbors, so I do try to be considerate.

Why do so many ricers reach the end of first gear and appear to only be going about 15 to 20mph. It's like the engine is trying its hardest, but nothing much is happening except a lot of noise. Kind of like the exhaust tubing is way too big causing a massive reduction in torque (of which there wasn't a lot to begin with). Just something I notice on most, but a few actually get moving quickly like a normal car.

Car Alarms??? Oh yeah!!! With the Bassani setup, I set them off regularly. :)

I got that alot, some lady yelled at me once to slow down when I was in 1st gear doing like 2,000-2,500 rpm...with 3.73's thats like 5-10mph AT BEST. It was a 25 zone in a hood' that was VERY busy. I just looked at her :nonono: , I like how people think they are living breathing radar guns. The people of that hood' always bitch to the local cops and they often sit and radar the street...ALL they do is end up pulling over the people who live there bitching about the speed:rlaugh: . The reason I drove the street was it was my job as a delivery guy and the cops would come talk to us/warn us they were going to run radar.

I think the thing that annoys me the most is slow drivers. Busy-bodies that complain about noise definately gets annoying too. But nothing ticks me off more than someone who pulls out right in front of me on a road with no passing lane, and proceeds to go 5 under the speed limit. I'm lucky i don't drive a truck with a pushbar cause who knows how many idiots i would have punted off the shoulder lol. How about getting stuck behind school busses that stop every 100ft? Cant the kids all walk a block or two to a big common bus stop??? I live in the country but half the time on my way to college in the mornings i might as well be on I-95 during rush hour for all the times i have to stop and go. ridiculous.

But nothing ticks me off more than someone who pulls out right in front of me on a road with no passing lane, and proceeds to go 5 under the speed limit.

I just this last Thurs had a genius who was sitting in the middle lane that is for turning on a 5 lane road (2 going ea. direction and 1 in the middle for turning). He cuts me off and does 20mph in a 40...then truns right back into the turn lane not 10yrds from were he cut me off:shrug: :ban: to turn into a shopping mall that he had left and was the SAME parking lot he just left. I was just like WOW, talk about not having a clue as to what the hell your doing and doing all kinds of things you totaly have no need to do.

people are funny.

i always get the same thing here guys. every mother in the neighborhood complains that I speed, they apparantley can judge this by the sound of my car 50ft away. I even had the cops waiting at my house one night because someone called in a complaint. But the really funny part is. I haven't had one speeding ticket in 6 years and when they set up speed traps in my neighborhood, it's always the minivans and SUVs that are getting pulled over.

On the traffic issue, I completely hate the idiots merging into your safety zone. I don't own the road or anything but it gets ridiculous sometimes. My theory is, if everyone drove a manual car there would be little to no stop and go traffic. If everyone drove a manual they wouldn't want to tailgate, and slam on their brakes every 3 seconds and have to change gears. The world would be a better place, haha.

I think i take the cak for this one guys! My next door neighbors are very nice people, and put up with a LOT of our noise, so I'm not complaining at all. Between my dad's Nova that sets off their car alarm all the time, to his Chevelle, to my car, they really never complain. We'll when I put my o/r h on the car a few years ago, i started it up for the first time, and started to drive down the driveway. I stopped at the bottom because my neighbor was at the bottom and i was being a nice guy and just said hi. So she, a 50ish year old mom, extremely smart lady, but doesnt know her ass from her elbow when it comes to anything about cars, or fixing things or whatever..basically most women :D Anyway, i get down the driveway and say hi to her, and she just looks at me for a minute, and says "Michael, it sounds like your muffler is broken. If you come inside, I'll give you the numvber of a muffler shop in the next town over that did a great job on my sons Honda (stock, not riced)." I was like, "Oh, actually, its supposed to be like that haha, it gives me some more power, and it sounds good." She goes, "OH, ok then well have a good day." HAHA i couldnt stop laughing after that one.

it's all about how some yuppy idiot called the cops on his cell phone a couple weeks ago before i put my stang away for the winter... he was in a blind spot from seeing my car and my buddy revved up his stock 94 5.0 next to me. instead of being an a$$hole i decided to just take off since its loud enough (in a parking garage mind you) afte i put it up to about 2 grand and maybe 15 mph...MAYBE, i see him dialing his cell and staring and my plate dialing furiously... when i stop and roll down my window to ask him "how he was doing tonight" he was shaking and yelled at me that if i even kept talking or got out of the car it would be assault... haha so i just rolled up my window and creeped off figuring i wouldnt push my luck with cops on speed dial. what a nerd lol...

i live out a one lane sorta country road, the kind of road where people just sit on their porches watching cars go by just to be nosy and know who is coming and going and what time they are. theres this old man who almost every day walks out to the edge of the road almost on it and gives me the stare down as i aproach him and drive away from him, usually yelling something, but who could hear him. yeah 25mph zone and me in 2nd gear maybe doing 20mph, and i'm watching for goofy kids going a good 30-40mph on four wheelers whizzing past me and the old man, he never even takes his eyes of my stang to see the 4wd lifted polaris rumble by on big ol knobby tires. does everybody turn into geezers when they get old? cant wait for that!