Why does every one go SC'ed? What about nitrous..

the98stang

Aug 12, 2005
Clovis, CA
I'm just curious as to why every one seems to get blown rather than buy nitrous. Nitrous is WAY cheaper and HP results are damn close. Do you guys just want the power on tap ALL the time? I don't know about you guys, but my funds are very limited, and if I wanted cheap speed, I'd go for the nitrous. How can people pull 5 grand outta their azz for KB 1.7's ? :shrug:

I feel so poor lol.

• Sponsors (?)

I prefer S/C over N2O because the S/C will always be there and you won't have to worry about running out of boost, since it's not a limited amount in a bottle like N2O

Altho I don't have a blower... yet :D

How much more dangerous is nitrous compared to a blower if you are on stock internals and running like a 50 or 100 shot. How long and times can u boost with the nitrous without it being really harmful to the stock internals/everything else?

I one am in the same situation and would be lookin to go for the nitrous.

Kilgore Trout said:
Because nitrous is cheating...
So is methanol injection cheating as well? :rolleyes:

Nitrous is a blast, especially for us guys that just want to have fun at the track a few times a month but want a stockish car the rest of the time (with that PC comment said, I throughly enjoy my remote bottle opener). Also for us poor college kids it's $500 vs $4000 for thrice the torque gain.

Each has it's place...:flag:

Also, theoretically nitrous is really no worse on a car than a blower (have heard a few counters to this though). The increased hp does increase engine wear, but properly maintained the effects are negliable and not noticable. Keep enough fuel in the cylinders are you'll run for 150k+ miles. I've had my kit for two years now with zero problems, that's with 80k miles and ZERO oil burned between changes.

the98stang said:
How can people pull 5 grand outta their azz for KB 1.7's ? :shrug:

I feel so poor lol.

Not all of us are rich but some of us save and scrape and borrow on our long established credit to finally buy that expensive toy...

It's all about the toys... we buy what we can afford (hopefully)... :D

BTW... I finally have the money for my SC after owning my car for 7 years. :p

Hey the98! havnt seen you in a while. Anyways I think its like said above...id go S/C before I went N20 because its alwayse there and $30 refills will get old. I have heard of ALOT of people grenading their engines and spinning bearing with N20...much more problems than with S/Cs it seems. Although many will argue that those cars arent tuned properly...which is probably true. But If you want to be safe, you should go get a 75 shot WET kit and get it on a dyno for a tune.
Its when you get to the 125-150 shots when I hear of blown engines. A 50 or 75 shot shouldnt do anything if its tuned. You should get that if you get N20...thats what I reccomend.

If I was to pick I would stay N/A but going blown dose cross my mind..I have thought about the blotle but the cost of refills plus I dont even have place here to get a refill so..And the going with nos weather can play a big role once u start doing big shots..Plus gotta love the sounds of a camed motor or a blower wine are both!

Wow I expected more than 300WHP from a 100 shot...

Just curious...what is the biggest shot you can spray with out tuning the car? And if I go with a 100-125 shot, will the shop need a Xcal2 for a dyno tune?

How much would a nitrous set up be including the tune....$1500 max?

A S/C or bottle won't be for a while since im poor...I'm just planning.