Why does my car stall when i hammer on the brakes???

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
My car drives so great now with the tweecer and runs strong everything seems fine. BUt i noticed this before and of course in the rain this morning some dumb broad in an explorer decides she does not want to be in the turn lane anymore and cuts into my lane going straight so i have to Slam on the breaks and i hit the clutch in too at the same time cause it like instinct i stopped fine but the car died. I remember this happening at a time earlier before the tweecer but i thought it was cause it wasnt tuned well. I tried it in a parking lot later and sure enough if i jam the brakes hard the car dies. Why?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know what to tell ya, but was your car once an aod-e before the TKO? because i remember a couple t-5 swap guys having the same problem, which is soon to be me so i too would love to know what causes this... if i was to give a guess, I would have to second the possible lack of vaccum...

No it is a T5 car it did it with the T5 before and still does it with the TKO. I figured it was a lack of vacuum, but i dont understand why. I was getting like 14-15in of vacuum at idle. Wierd, does anyone else have this trouble?

Does it do it merely from braking, or from the combination of braking and clutching? I assume the former, but just wanted to ask.

Good luck.

Not normal braking and clutching. But when i slam the Brakes HARD and push in the clutch at the same time then it stalls. Obviously it could not stall if i still had it in gear. I guess no one else has this happen.