Why does this say "NOT for stock wheels"

• Sponsors (?)

Amen to that, Maximum Motorsports sells H&R spacers, which are hubcentric and bolt onto the axle. The only issue I had with my 25 mm (1 inch) spacers and stock wheels was having to cut and grind the axle lugs so the stock wheel could be bolted flat against the spacer. That might be what the problem is with the ones you're looking at. Anyway, I highly recommend the H&R spacers from MM.

I'm now pretty sure it's because stock wheels are hub centric and these spacers would make them lug centric. (Had to google the meaning of these 2 but now understand it)

I am definitely going with hub centric spacers for additional strength and reliability.

Upgrading to hardened studs would be an additional safety measure for cheap money.

I've heard tons of stories about guys snapping wheels off with spacers. $25 for stronger lugs is damn worth it to me

I ran those exact one on my 03 cobra with stock wheels with no problem. That company is 5 min down the road from me, so i just walked in and bought them. Dont bother calling and asking about them. The only thing those guys know about mustangs is, shipping mustang parts.

True but usually only pertains to launching at 4000 rpms on slicks
Incorrect, all the threads I have seen about studs snapping due to spacers happened while driving on highway at highway speeds. A loud noise and then the tire is visible in the rear view mirror... :notnice:

I have seen pictures of rotors with a big old flat spot from being dragged down the highway.

Spacers put a lot more stress on the studs, you must have hardened ones. They are made by ARP and cost $8 each.

Spacers put a lot more stress on the studs, you must have hardened ones. They are made by ARP and cost $8 each.

Agreed!!! I dropped some decent dollars to get MM's spacers and the high buck $8 a piece studs from MM as well. These, for me, are actually on the front as my new rims wouldn't clear the Cobra brake calipers...needed about 3/8", so I got 1/2" spacers. But front or rear, street or strip, there is tremendous stress exerted...and it's not something I want to have to worry about when I push it into a corner at twice the recommended speed.