Why don't they just change the name to "4.6 Mustangs and Fast Fords"!!

I love seeing carb tech in magazines. A lot of people say it's old tech and nobody cares anymore, but it's gotten to where it's a lost art to be able to truely tune a carb like it should be, and i'm far from an expert so i can use any tricks i can find.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a big folder I keep tech articles on how to do most anything on my LX from the alleged 5.0 magazines in question. I don't expect them to continue their coverage of my car, cuz they don't make it anymore. Consequently, they don't sell me an issue anymore, either. Occasionaly I pick one up, to ensure the ads in last years copy are still something of a resource. But I find all the glitz and glam body kits/ paint and rediculous engines, all on cars of the independently wealthy body shop owners with apparently little else to do with their money a big time turn off. We didn't buy IROC's or GTA's back in the day because of the corn-ball plastic crap stuck to the rockers these publications seem to celebrate now. :notnice:

What do you expect them to do? It's been 15-years since the last fox rolled off the assembly line. There are still plenty of feature articles on 5.0L Mustangs out there, but exactly how many more times would you like them to rehash a "Basic Bolt on's on a Fox" tech article....I mean.....we covered that stuff 10-years ago.

Yep, that would be correct:)

Actually, last time I looked in 5.0 magazine (not Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords), it was ALL friggin' 4.6's ... and mostly the S197's, at that. Hardly a 5.0 in any way, shape, or form to be found anywhere in there ... well, aside from the copious amounts of aftermarket parts company ads, which comprises about 75% of the entire friggin' publication. :rolleyes:

Getting a 5.0 mag that doesn't have any 5.0's in it (or damned little) is a lot like picking up a magazine called "Teen Cheerleader :taco:s" and looking inside, only to find a bunch of dude-on-dude action going on. :notnice:

Good idea! I could be a regular contributor to that sorta thing with my own column, "1,001 Uses for JB Kwik." :D

Or how about these titles:

"Ghetto-Rigger's Guide"
"Cars That Real People Own"
"Stuck in the 80's"
"Broken Ashtray Door Society"
"Beaterstangs"

...or perhaps the more practical...

"Fox Fords" :nice:

I have NO problems buying these mags and dont mind looking at S197s and newer cars. The tech articles, well can you blame them? I mean why cover stuff your mag has covered for 10+ years?

Not to mention the people contributing are making a LOT more money off the S197 (douchebags as some call them) crowd then they are off the 5.0 fox guys. I went to the track yesterday, and lets just say there were a LOT more newer Mustangs than fox's. I was at a show last weekend, there were almost as many GT500s alone as LX fox bodys. I like it because it makes our cars more rare, but on the same side why would a magazine gear itself toward older cars, with owners who on average have less money to spend, and from the trend arent coming out and enjoying the cars?

5.0 doesn't mean FOX BODY,you dont see articles in there about a 70 boss 302 to often for example,now do you,no because its not the latest things going on and you dont see tons of guys with older mustangs with 5.0s in them complaining,its not really a huge deal,if your a true fan/enthusiast of the mustang i dont see why you wouldnt be interested in all of them,i think they are all cool,regardless if i have that model or not.plus have the stuff from one model basically applies to the next anyway.maybe i should get pissed because they print 4.6 so small on the cover of 5.0 magazine,no its rediculous.its just a mag.like half the ppl here said,if your going to complain about it,just dont read it.

I have NO problems buying these mags and dont mind looking at S197s and newer cars. The tech articles, well can you blame them? I mean why cover stuff your mag has covered for 10+ years?

In short, because there's a rookie coming into this hobby every day looking for help, and chances are he didn't just buy a brand new S197, he bought one of the millions of Fox's that are already out there.

Yeah i just got my last issue in today. There is way to much 05's stuff. And most of it is more bark than bite. Thats why i cancelled my hot rod subscription too. So now its gonna be Mustangs and Fords and mustang monthly. 5.0 mustang and superfords just isn't diverse enough. Yeah i like the 05 but thats all they cover. I want articles from 65-73 to 79-08.

chewpopcorn.gif

In short, because there's a rookie coming into this hobby every day looking for help, and chances are he didn't just buy a brand new S197, he bought one of the millions of Fox's that are already out there.

Theres a greater chance though the guy who plans to spend the money just bought an S197. Therefore they tailor the mag towards the wealthier majority, and have less sections (but still have them) on fox's. Not saying I agree with it, as I own a fox, but I am saying I see exactly where they are coming from. I guess I will have to do my damndest to impress the mags in Myrtle Beach to get my fox in there!

while we are at it, lets complain about global warming! :nice:

Oh...you must be referring to the same "concept" brought to you by the SAME people who warned us about "global cooling" back in the 70s and 80s. :shrug:
After the "global warming" meeting was canceled last year in Washington D.C due to excessive ICE and SNOW on the building, I really don't know WHO to believe. :nice:

Thanx for bringing that up :bang:

You 5.0L guys are just going to have to get over it and come to the realization that the 5.0L Fox isn't the only Mustang made, or worth mentioning. The Fox/SN-95 5.0L is dead and gone, never to be heard from again. The aftermarket is slowing down and soon you guys are going to start seeing a reduction in parts. Heck, a lot of the companies that used to make dozens of different parts for the 5.0L have discontinued a lot of their items. That's just the way it goes. Be thankful you got the 20+ years of coverage that you had. You can bet no other Mustang made from here on out is going to get the attention the Fox 5.0L did.

:mad: :ban: