Why I shouldnt get a LS/Lt 1

• Sponsors (?)

95snoozer said:
thats what i said, i suggested the 01+ because of the ls6 intake stock and of course the better flowing exhaust manifolds over the 98 99 etc and less risk of a shortblock with the oil consumption...

You said the oil pressure guage is real in the 98s. I said the Temp gauge is real, while 99-02 are only there to show an overheat. I've never heard of the oil pressure ones being a dummy guage...

One Wicked SVT said:
Your denying that a LS1 vehicle with the Borla exhaust, LID and CAM swap, the car is not a 11 second car?

Thats not overeggazeration, its fact.

A heads, cam LS1 is DEEP 11's easily.

Lid, exhaust(LTs, X-pipe, true duals, cats), LS1 tune, and a good set of nittos will put the car into the high 12s.

A cam added to that setup will drop the car into the mid 12s, maybe low 12s....

One Wicked SVT said:
Your denying that a LS1 vehicle with the Borla exhaust, LID and CAM swap, the car is not a 11 second car?

Thats not overeggazeration, its fact.

A heads, cam LS1 is DEEP 11's easily.

you said slap drag radials and a cam in the car and it will run mid 11s

YES I AM DENYING THIS AND CALLING YOU A BLIND OPTIMIST

you are failing to mention any suporting mods or what cam and how you are are going to run this mid 11 on which tires with what rear and what clutch in your m6
:rolleyes:

it happens with the right setup but this isnt a norm. there are crap load of cam only cars running low and mid in an m6 on drag radials

what is this trap speed of said vague setup you claim?

a tr 224? 228?

tsp magic stick?
g5 x1 x2 or x3?
comp extreme grind? custom grind?

what long tubes? what y? or perhaps true duals ?what catback? what intake? what manifold? who is doing the tune? what will it dyno cam only with this setup?
pulley?
electric waterpump?

face it you are full of it and shot your mouth off

:nice:

_JB_ said:
You said the oil pressure guage is real in the 98s. I said the Temp gauge is real, while 99-02 are only there to show an overheat. I've never heard of the oil pressure ones being a dummy guage...

doh! thats what i meant, hours of studying confused me and i got swapped around.

yeah the 98s scared people cause they ran so warm

_JB_ said:
Lid, exhaust(LTs, X-pipe, true duals, cats), LS1 tune, and a good set of nittos will put the car into the high 12s.

thats the norm m6 cars trap high but on the average dont put the power down well for a good launch. yes there are high 11 cars even light weight geared cars running high 10s cam only, but you cant look at these cars as the norm as our friend has

The A4 cars on the otherhand absolutely rip down the drag strip and with a good stall and tire will out et the m6 cars on average. the auto doesnt hit the 10 bolt as hard and they can survive 1.5 60s in many cases.

some of my buddies ran low mid 12s with full exhaust lid and stall, nittos
one formula with quite a bit of weight reduction ran 12.2s at 110. he had a 4200 stall nittos true duals lts mti ld with no filter with spacers... when they took the heads off they ofund leaves in the intake :rlaugh:

another on stock stall was running 12.6 at 111 with lidmidlengths and cutout. it was a wednesday motor and dynoed a lil over 330 he went 11.8 at 122 on the bottle in that form then ran 11.7 at 114 cam only with a stall. he now has heads and more agressive cam and has not been back to the track.

a good friend who posts on here as fst blk pny went 12.3 at 110 in his SS with a 3800 stall 3.42s (originally an m6) nittos long tubes ORY borla lid fast toys ramair and ls1 edit

and then my roomates car goes more with yours, on nittos he went 12.7 at 108 with k&n fipk s2 ported tb hooker LTs ory borla and a 3400 stall, he now has an ls6 crate motor tr224 cam and a 4400 stall which actually acts bigger because some reason this batch of the yank PT 4400s have a shift extension of a 4800 :D

see, its easy to just post the fast cars when there are cars that perform differently with the same stuff.

bah, i am tired

_JB_ said:

That's a little off, from my experience...unless you're running quite a bit above sea level.

DRs, good driving, good weather and a good track (nothing more) could allow plenty of LS1 F-bodies to run high 12s (M6).

A lid, full exhaust and DRs should put an M6 in the mid-12s, in the right conditions (an A4 would prolly be a little slower).

Add a decent sized cam, a clutch (a stock LS1 or Z06 clutch ain't going to hold up to many hard launches) and a 12-bolt or 9" for an M6...or just the cam, 3.73's and a 3500+ stall for an A4...that combo should go very easy 11s, again, in the right conditions.

95snoozer, I agree, a bolt-on + cam'd M6 LS1 is really nothing more than a dyno queen without a 12-bolt and most likely a clutch (unless you get lucky w/ the stock clutch and rear)...but I still got the gist of what SVT was saying. Enough so that I wouldn't say he's full of s**t, he just didn't mention everything or every detail. JMO

yeah this is a tech forum

you cant say put "drag radials and slicks" and run mid 11s... you just cant do that.

and saying 450 is a cake walk is BS too

there are plenty of mild heads cam packages or mild cams with ported heads.

hell how many patriot 5.3 heads and cam have you seen make within 20 hp of 400?

ALOT

my roomate made 404/424 with completely stock ls6 heads and the small tr224 ported he might see 420s now

and lets not forgetall the trick you will see turned at shops to make dyno numbers high.

I love f bodies and suggest them to anyone who consider them. I personally want my ls1 to be in something else. A c5 or FD rx7

I came across this about a week or so ago. Seemed like one hell of a gain,

http://www.rapidmotorsports.com/mod...=13&intProductId=824&intModelId=2&intYearId=3

110+ RWHP on a 01 SS, doesn't say TQ though. Doesn't say if/what other mods were on the car. I haven't looked around too much at the LS1 aftermarket yet since I'm still learning about these cars, but that seemed impressive to me. It's on the expensive side, but seems worth it to me.

95Snoozer and 02LS1, thanks for clearning some of this up on this thread.

95 snoozer.

I am FAR from full of it.

I have been there and done that PERSONALLY.

I have nothing else to argue as this is pointless.

You and your roomate can continue playing baseball with each other as I dont care about "your roomates" performance experience.

My roomate has a 96 Forumla LT1 stroked to a 383 and he wants to sell it because he is sick of seeing how much less stang parts are compared to his parts. His car is really fast with the stroker, comp cam, ported heads, but everytime he goes to do something it's really expensive. He wants to sell his car and get a Fox because he like mine so much and they are easier to mod. He also says mine is more comfortable. Just do your own research and see which you like.

Gt1995 said:
somebody gimme some reasons why i should buy another 94-5 5.0 instead of a lt1, or ls1 camaro

:notnice:

b/c you'll end up like this

Attachments

• camaromullet.jpeg
    camaromullet.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 117
screw all that you guys. You fight too much. You pull up in a mustang, everybody wants to race ya, whether it be a ricer, stang, vette, etc. In a TA, they say "ooo, sharp car" Why is it that my stang with a cold air, o/r H, advanced timing and some other lil things was keeping up with an auto SS 98? The camaro technicaly is better at getting traction, yet time after time, i see them getting smoked off the line. PLUS, they have 50 cubes on us, so of course they're gonna be a bit faster, they have a bigger motor. Shoot, throw a 351 in your car to even it out and watch them try and catch up then! Also, anytime i've had an accident in mine (2 of them) they were immediatly claimed totalled, yet for some reason they were drivable! I don't like chevy's engine setup, and even though their styling and aerodynamics is pretty sweet, you can't do anything to it. The mustang will always live because it is not only a freakin quick v8, but cuz guys like us can work on them with our spare change, and do it in a night, instead of bringing our camaro's over to the mechanics to figure out how to change the oil.
I love my stang... Even though it's totalled and i'm rebuilding it.
And besides, when i have it together, i should bout have enough to split my block in half, and scare the **** out of those dang camaro's. If I only had a 351...

Does this thread cover both ends of the spectrum or what!?! I've heard everything from guys who think ls1's and lt1's suck, to guys who try and say they will run 10's if you open the hood, fart, and close the hood again.
They are a bit faster, and can be modded to be real fast. But they won't run 10's with the same mods which put our cars in the 13's. If you drive one and like it, get it. If you don't, get another stang.