Why is it Fox Body?

Where I work is a challenge only because it has made me feel dumber and dumber everyday for the last 5 years I've worked there. The type of store I'm at is a retail store. They provide everything including tools. They don't allow us to bring in anything of our own. We work Monday through Friday 8 to 5 and are paid by the hour. Their shop isn't set up to make them money. They could care less about actually being efficient. It's almost like its supposed to be a loss in the shop. I'm a MA5 and do mostly internal and VA emissions. We are only there to get cars out to get sold and support sales. Just to fix whatever comes in withing their 90 day warranty. Most cars we sell are less than 5 years old and are covered under manufacturers warranty so we look at them and ship them to the dealer. Every once and a while we get a $18,000 bill for a single car from BMW.

I can't believe that thing set a code for someone trying to close the hatch while the car was moving.
North Austin was a traditional store and I was on night production, my own tools and box, flat-rate pay, and until Bill Nash took over the company it was the single greatest place to work of my career. Less than two years after he became CEO it was just like any other dealership.

As far as the codes on that BMW go, see those two KAFAS codes on that readout? They are there because it rained.

Wait, wasn't this thread about fox-bodies? :jester:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It's a fox body because it's body is foxy...they couldn't call it a box so fox it was.
I can tell that you’ve been reading the classics.

Attachments

• 45AC13DF-6F3C-403E-BCCA-3F0894FFA352.png
    45AC13DF-6F3C-403E-BCCA-3F0894FFA352.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 48
When the Sn95 was new, they were all still Mustangs. I think it's when the 99-04's came out that people started breaking them up by chassis. There was Fox, SN95 and New Edge. Now, SN95 was all 94-04 Mustangs, but many people began referring to the 94-98 as Sn95 and the 99-04 as New Edge. Then when the 05 came out, it was the S197. Now we have the S550. So it does seem to be common that many do refer to the chassis designations when referring to them. There are after all 6 chassis now.

Back when the fox was new(ish) there was only the 3, and nobody cared about the Mustang II :) You had Classic Mustangs, and Mustangs. Damn SN95's ruined that! ;)
Ya, but what about 5.0s, gt's, Shelby's, cobra's, saleen's, mach 1's, ECT.?

At shows people ask me all the time what I do for a living after hearing about the Monster. After telling them I have a meth lab, and we have the necessary laugh, the guesses are that i’m either some kind of engineer, or a mechanic.

I tell them that building and modifying this car is hard enough, and that I could never work on them for a living.

Everytime i walk back into our service bay, and see the entire drivetrain dropped out or a 7 series for whatever thing they gotta do to the engine boggles the mind, and that’s before they start taking the thing apart.

Ya, but what about 5.0s, gt's, Shelby's, cobra's, saleen's, mach 1's, ECT.?

WHat about them? Call them whatever you want. Considering some of those models span over several different chassis, it helps to be more specific.

Huge difference between an '84 GT350 and a 2019 GT350, so you might want to clarify.

• Agree
WHat about them? Call them whatever you want. Considering some of those models span over several different chassis, it helps to be more specific.

Huge difference between an '84 GT350 and a 2019 GT350, so you might want to clarify.
Just saying, they have the sn95s, fox body's, new edge and all that but they also have saleen's, gt's, cobra's, Shelby's and all of them too. I agree tho, why can't they just be mustangs? Like how a Thunderbird is a Thunderbird, or a Honda Accord is a Honda Accord? They must have 1000 different names for all those different but same cars. It gets so confusing sometimes. LoL.

Just saying, they have the sn95s, fox body's, new edge and all that but they also have saleen's, gt's, cobra's, Shelby's and all of them too. I agree tho, why can't they just be mustangs? Like how a Thunderbird is a Thunderbird, or a Honda Accord is a Honda Accord? They must have 1000 different names for all those different but same cars. It gets so confusing sometimes. LoL.
Yet the Corvette has the C1 through C8, ZR1, Z06, and Stingray. The C numbers denote the generation the same as foxbody does.

I think you are confusing yourself. They are Mustangs.

A Saleen can be a Mustang, but not all Mustangs are Saleens.

Call it whatever you want really. I call mine a Mustang