Why Me?! ( v2.0 )

iLkYsPoNy

if she's a tranny then... well I'd do her.... it..
Well okay so I was gonna take the advice I was given and go to Autozone to get the CEL figured out. Well, my car won't come out of park. Allow me to give some background...

As with most cars, you have to hit the brake and then press the button to get outta park. Well, after packing a tin of Skoal ( :nono: ) on the shifter, it kinda "reversed" things. After that point I had to press and hold the button THEN press the brake. That was about 8 months ago. For a recent 3 of those 8 my cousin had been using the car while I drove my 92 GT. Well I got it back cause she was scared of the CEL. Whatever.

I let the car sit for the past month or so and I went to get in it and she fires right up with no CEL ( yet ) and I go to back-up and I can't get it out of park! I try every combination I could think of with brake/button sequence. I get out thinking it might be seized up from sitting so i get out and rock it back and forth... nothing changed.

Long story short... I still can't get it to move... any help?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Your's must be a 92 or 93. Pop the cover and check the shifter. I haven't seen one of these in a Mustang, so I can't say for sure, but in other cars, there's a solenoid on the shifter that works the interlock. It could be gummed up or worn.

yeah, it sounds like your solenoid is bad. shouldnt be too hard to fix.
this is why you learn to pack a can of skoal with your index finger:D