Why should I love the new Mustang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PNYEXP said:
I have no idea why she bought it. I was voting for the 06 Civic with 30/40 fuel mileage. And great interior space. In terms of the Daddy's money I am refering to 1988-1992 back when I was young and street racing all the time.

It may be as simple as the solid rear axle but it seams like more of a lack of compression and rebound in the rear shocks. Maybe they are valved this way to help traction and prevent the car from swapping ends in a corner. Either way it is the worst balanced suspension I have ever owned. There is no way this car could ever compete with any of the 5 cars I autocrossed in the past without serious suspension upgrades and a diet. Maybe I am too critical since I am an enthusiast and realize a well sorted car when I drive one.

Well if you had two kids and coached a soccer team you would understand the need for being able to access the trunk with no keys on you. I can't tell you how many times we have gone to the trunk only to realize you can't get into it without the damn keys.

Who cares about the looks when you spend 1% of the time walking to the car looking at it and 99% of the time actually in it driving it. I am sorry but if my Maxx handles like a land yacht then the Mustang must be an oil tanker. Ford should take some serious lessons from GM on suspension tuning. My Maxx will easily handle as well as the Mustang even with the GT suspension ours has, and at the same time deliver a great ride with even damping front and rear. And as to the switch gear, the gm auto is silky smooth but will react instantly to a jab at the throttle. The Maxx is so much more responsive than the V6 Stang it is not even funny. I already smoked the Stang once with the Maxx. And last the seating, every time I ride in the Mustang my back aches no lie. Tonight I met my wife after work for ice cream and was so relieved I did not have to drive the Mustang home from there since she had my Maxx.

Won't disagree at all. It was stupid. Never bought through email spam however.

Well here is a picture at home and the second picture is of the fender that was the wrong color from day one. We did not notice it until we had already signed the papers and brought it home. Dealer and Ford Motor Company are refusing to fix it saying it is normal. Proof enough that we own one of these lemons
View attachment 461034
View attachment 461036
View attachment 461038
Should have done a carfax report, bet it was wrecked.

• Sponsors (?)

bigcat said:
there are many good points in this thread, for both sides of the argument. lets all keep it constructive so this thread does not get the :lock:

bottom line: you either like the mustang or you dont. there are very few people that dont have a strong opinion either way about this car.

i think most of us can agree to disagree.

Bigcat is right:

I love the headrest, my old GM Bonneville with its adjustable sucked, if i put my head on it i was looking at the ceiling in about three seconds.

I enjoy the ride of the car, but it is not as comfortbale as my Bonneville or my wife's LS, but it is not supposed to be.

Everybody likes and dislikes the same things on this car as with all others. Sounds like you should have bought a Charger or a GTO, you would have the creature comforts you are looking for as well a more luxurious ride, because lets face it, check the reviews, the grocery getter Maxx does not outhandle the V6 with GT suspension, not even the SS Maxx, it just does not, period.

That fender thing really sucks though, you need to be more forceful with the dealer, maybe have your attorney give them a call. I have brought mine back three times to fix minor scratches that i might even be responsible for.

i am beating a dead horse but what made you think this would be a good car for coaching/cargo???? The trunk would barely fit a body in it and you would have to put that in sideways. My backseat is off-limits even to my own kid (except in emergencys), he will not even ask to bring a friend over if i pick him up in my car. But the thing is i knew that going in, i had him come and sit in the backseat, he far preferred the GTO or Charger, but too bad for him, it's my car, of course a little more research on your part and you would have known that too.

Don't blame your wife though whining about the Civic, but at the same time she bought it, so make her drive it if you don't like it. Nonetheless dissapointment sucks and i am sorry that you are. I have been waiting almost three years for a GT500 only to have the current price wars, but now i am pleased after having seen all the negative attention the GT500 is getting. Plus i know i can get one for sticker in three years when my kid turns 16 and i give him mine. Then my wife can complain about the Shelby and i will smile wide.:D

PNYEXP said:
My wife bought the new 2006 Mustang V6 5spd with Pony pkg. Now I will admit the car is a beautiful car but that is where it ends for me. I have been driving the car all week this week since I think she may be getting sick of it as well. She said it was easier to use our Malibu Maxx with all the stuff she has going on this week.

Well here are my issues that make it very hard to even like the car, keep in mind this is the Pony package so it has the GT suspension and 17" wheels and tires:

-Only way to get into trunk is with key or keyfob
-Cramped and tight
-Small glass areas make for confined space
-Headrest on drivers seat tilts forward so far that it makes the seat the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in. You have to tilt the seat back so far just to make it so your head doea not keep hitting the head rest.
-Steering feel is numb
-Car never settles down in corners
-Over dips and rises the front damping is perfect but the rear feels like a Buick. It is like you are driving two different cars at once.
-Drives like a very large cumbersome vehicle, not nimble on it feet at all.
-Interior is ridiculously hot compared to our Maxx. Only A/C fixes problem since air doesn't flow around car well. Leather interior sucks as does the smoking hot black leather steering wheel.
-500watt Shaker sound system does not even sound as good as the stock radio system in my Maxx.
-No tether for power outlet cover so it gets lost every week
-Engine lacks any snap, feels like you need to plan every move ahead of time.
-On several occasions we can't downshift to second gear if the car is moving at all. Of course dealer never notices problem so the car is fine in their eyes.
-Exhaust makes the most aweful snap crackle sound for first two shifts. Sounds like an internal baffle. Makes the car sound like the biggest pile of crap as well. Of course dealer can't dup so it is normal.

I guess that sums it up pretty well. I am trying to learn to like this car since we leased it for 3yrs but the car makes it virtually impossible. Whenever both my Malibu Maxx and the Mustang are home I will take the Maxx with no thought at all. The Maxx drives ten times better, is more responsive in both handling and power and feels like a car that is twice the size in terms of room. Plus for whatever reason, the Maxx does not get so hot that you need to use the A/C all the time just to keep from sweating in it. In all the Mustang feels like driving an old Hyundai Excel when compared to my Chevy Malibu Maxx.

I really wanted to love this Mustang but I just don't think it will ever happen. I do love looking at it while it sits in the driveway, does that count?
I'm with the other guys; If you don't like it, why'd you let your wife pick it out for you? :rlaugh: Don't complain here, sell it, trade it, whatever dude!!! :D I bought an 06 GT an love it. Only complaint I have is the 1st gear grind ( but that I can live and deal with) The A/C is the best I've seen in any vehicle I've ever had or driven.If you can't feel the cool air or steering wheel, maybe you need to see a DOCTOR.:SNSign: Gas mileage ? How does 25+ grab you ? Handling ? Mine handles like it's on rails. Yea, it rides a tad stiff, but that's the trade off. Storage space ? I bought an extra set of 18" factory take off wheels and tires, and fit ALL 4 in the car, plus the wife.:D Windows? It's a SPORTS CAR DUFUS!!!!!!! You want to see more, buy a mini van or convertable. If you don't like the car, then posting here ain't gonna herlp either. We can't MAKE you like it either, it's YOUR (or maybe I should say your WIFE'S) car.:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

D.Hearne said:
I'm with the other guys; If you don't like it, why'd you let your wife pick it out for you? :rlaugh: Don't complain here, sell it, trade it, whatever dude!!! :D I bought an 06 GT an love it. Only complaint I have is the 1st gear grind ( but that I can live and deal with) The A/C is the best I've seen in any vehicle I've ever had or driven.If you can't feel the cool air or steering wheel, maybe you need to see a DOCTOR.:SNSign: Gas mileage ? How does 25+ grab you ? Handling ? Mine handles like it's on rails. Yea, it rides a tad stiff, but that's the trade off. Storage space ? I bought an extra set of 18" factory take off wheels and tires, and fit ALL 4 in the car, plus the wife.:D Windows? It's a SPORTS CAR DUFUS!!!!!!! You want to see more, buy a mini van or convertable. If you don't like the car, then posting here ain't gonna herlp either. We can't MAKE you like it either, it's YOUR (or maybe I should say your WIFE'S) car.:rlaugh: :rlaugh:
4x 18" with tires PLUS passenger? how?

drawling please ;)

JonJon said:
4x 18" with tires PLUS passenger? how?

drawling please ;)
I can't draw worth a flip on this here computer.:D But I'll say this: Remove the space saver spare and floor liner. Put one wheel & tire in the well. Fold down the rear seat ( I wonder if PNYEXP figured that out ? He said you couldn't access the trunk without the key or key-fob remote :D ) put the other three wheels and tires in the trunk and rear seat area. Protect the rear of the fold down seats with old blankets.:nice: Nothin to it !

Well I can assure you it is not my car. She picked it out for herself. I have just been the one stuck driving it lately. As such I have been trying to figure out why people love this car so much. She was a little hesitant to get it since every 05-06 Mustang you see one the road is driven by a woman over 30 around here. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen a guy driving one of them.

Dam now you all made me realize that not only do I get stuck driving a car I don't like but I am also driving a chick car.:bang: And to think I let her trade our Silverado in for this thing.

D.Hearne said:
I can't draw worth a flip on this here computer.:D But I'll say this: Remove the space saver spare and floor liner. Put one wheel & tire in the well. Fold down the rear seat ( I wonder if PNYEXP figured that out ? He said you couldn't access the trunk without the key or key-fob remote :D ) put the other three wheels and tires in the trunk and rear seat area. Protect the rear of the fold down seats with old blankets.:nice: Nothin to it !
Oooooh, forgot about the spare tire well. I don't think an 18" fits in a 99 GT :(
but I never tried ;)

This has nothing to do with V6 Mustangs. All the 05-06 Mustangs around here in both V8 and V6 are driven by middle age 30-60yr old women.

05 Camaro? Hmmm............ yea, that would have been perfect. I could imagine it right now.

Oh wait you were trying to be a joker right? And too think you almost fooled me. Boy your pretty tricky.:rolleyes:

I would have to say that the Mustang in either V8 or V6 is right up there with the Bettle or the Sunfire in terms of chick car. Not sure why that is but I never see men driving any of those cars around here.

PNYEXP said:
This has nothing to do with V6 Mustangs. All the 05-06 Mustangs around here in both V8 and V6 are driven by middle age 30-60yr old women.

05 Camaro? Hmmm............ yea, that would have been perfect. I could imagine it right now.

Oh wait you were trying to be a joker right? And too think you almost fooled me. Boy your pretty tricky.:rolleyes:

I would have to say that the Mustang in either V8 or V6 is right up there with the Bettle or the Sunfire in terms of chick car. Not sure why that is but I never see men driving any of those cars around here.
This from a guy who drives a neon.

Bwahahahaha!:owned:

Plus, he lives on Fire Island!

PNYEXP said:
My wife bought the new 2006 Mustang V6 5spd with Pony pkg. Now I will admit the car is a beautiful car but that is where it ends for me. I have been driving the car all week this week since I think she may be getting sick of it as well. She said it was easier to use our Malibu Maxx with all the stuff she has going on this week.

Well here are my issues that make it very hard to even like the car, keep in mind this is the Pony package so it has the GT suspension and 17" wheels and tires:

-Only way to get into trunk is with key or keyfob
-Cramped and tight
-Small glass areas make for confined space
-Headrest on drivers seat tilts forward so far that it makes the seat the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in. You have to tilt the seat back so far just to make it so your head doea not keep hitting the head rest.
-Steering feel is numb
-Car never settles down in corners
-Over dips and rises the front damping is perfect but the rear feels like a Buick. It is like you are driving two different cars at once.
-Drives like a very large cumbersome vehicle, not nimble on it feet at all.
-Interior is ridiculously hot compared to our Maxx. Only A/C fixes problem since air doesn't flow around car well. Leather interior sucks as does the smoking hot black leather steering wheel.
-500watt Shaker sound system does not even sound as good as the stock radio system in my Maxx.
-No tether for power outlet cover so it gets lost every week
-Engine lacks any snap, feels like you need to plan every move ahead of time.
-On several occasions we can't downshift to second gear if the car is moving at all. Of course dealer never notices problem so the car is fine in their eyes.
-Exhaust makes the most aweful snap crackle sound for first two shifts. Sounds like an internal baffle. Makes the car sound like the biggest pile of crap as well. Of course dealer can't dup so it is normal.

I guess that sums it up pretty well. I am trying to learn to like this car since we leased it for 3yrs but the car makes it virtually impossible. Whenever both my Malibu Maxx and the Mustang are home I will take the Maxx with no thought at all. The Maxx drives ten times better, is more responsive in both handling and power and feels like a car that is twice the size in terms of room. Plus for whatever reason, the Maxx does not get so hot that you need to use the A/C all the time just to keep from sweating in it. In all the Mustang feels like driving an old Hyundai Excel when compared to my Chevy Malibu Maxx.

I really wanted to love this Mustang but I just don't think it will ever happen. I do love looking at it while it sits in the driveway, does that count?

post count is zero, because talk posts dont count...

so PNYEXP, what is your point of this thread? you obviously dont want to learn about the car, and hate it no matter what. is there ANYTHING you like about the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.