why the hatred for imports? discuss...

Why? Well, consider this recent brush with the cubicly challenged kind i had a couple weekends ago...

I was driving my coupe (which keep in mind...my car is no rocket...we're talking a mid to low 13 second car right now) and i happened to come to a stop at a light next to a parking lot full of little ricers.

One of them says "do a burnout!"...to which i replied "nah man there's a cop right over there in Taco Bell parking lot"...to which he replies "yeah yeah you just ain't got nothin!"

:rolleyes:

So i laugh (literally) and say "why don't you bring that turd out here to the highway and find out what i've got" knowing damn well he wouldn't. "Oh man i've just got a stock Cavalier" said the kid (ok so why talk BS when that's all you've got?) and another says "i've got a slipping clutch"...to which i reply "sounds like you've ALL got nothing but excuses" and off i drive.

Later that night, maybe 45 minutes later i came back through the same spot on my way back home, and they were still there. So...i figured WTF why not stir the pot...and once again at the red light i say "anyone find their balls yet? it's getting late and gas is too expensive to wait out here all night"

:lol:

So one of them says why don't you come in here and park and show us what's under the hood. So hell, why not. I go in, open the hood (and mind you, we're talking about the amazing nearly stock '85 250k+ engine here..lol)....you'd have thought John Force pulled up in his racecar and lifted the nose up. Jaws dropped....one kid actually knew a thing or three about old cars and starts naming off parts, then says to his friend "you need to stop talking $hit before this guy hands you your ass"...to which all his friends laughed at him.

Basically....this is a perfect example of how 99% of import guys act. There wasn't a 15 second car in that whole lot, yet they felt the need to act like they had it all. I even told the one kid who was naming off parts that i had nothing against FAST imports...i just don't like $hit talkers.

I think a lot of the problem is that kids these days don't seem to be growing up with car guys like kids used to. There are less and less dads spending time wrenching in the garage and teaching their sons about cars, and all these kids have to go on is stupid movies like fast and the bi-curious.

....priceless...... :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I've loved fox mustangs since I was a kid, but have had my share of imports along the way (talon, WRX etc...) Nothing can compare to a mustang in my book, but I can honestly say the WRX was a fun car. Decent on gas, and it moved when I needed it to.

I think most people are calming down on the rice hating. The people who own these 18 second kitted out civics probably already know that no one likes their car, but if it makes them happy, let them do what they want and leave them alone.

+1 on rice being a mindset...

Yesterday on the "Racetrack" I had a CTS on my bumper (I couldn't even see his headlights :mad: ). When the lane to my left opened up he pulled in and hit it. I peaked over and saw all of the "V" badging and figured I would be no contest... but I obliged and hit third. He must have been a V6 because I walked away... He was pissed and proceeded to drive like an ass putting others in danger :notnice: :nono:

Why would someone pose and then really try to race??? It's the ricer that thinks the stickers give him real power...:bs: :bs: :bs:

Ricer CTS "V" FTL :flag:

i think its the people that own the car not the car (stock) itself.....cuz around here there are alot of cavaliers like that....and if i see one more sunfire with lambo doors :bang:

the SR20DET is bulletproof compared to the KA24DE. they can handle 500+ horse on the stock engine, without so mush as cracking the valve cover.

you cant do that with the KA24DE, just not possible.

But why would you try to reach 500hp on an used engine that you're not familiar with?
Seems like it just makes better sense to build the bottom end to your specs, and this is where saving $$$ by not shipping a block you don't need comes in.

But why would you try to reach 500hp on an used engine that you're not familiar with?
Seems like it just makes better sense to build the bottom end to your specs, and this is where saving $$$ by not shipping a block you don't need comes in.

typically the USDM motors arent as good as the japanese motors are. normally its cheaper in the long run to buy one form overseas than to build what you already have. the motors we get here normally dont have near the amount of aftermarket support.

I'm NO fan of the "slow and delirious" wings but it's a style that has been around since the 50's. You know to make a car look like a rocket ship or something (whatever the designers have been smoking at that time).

1958%20Cadillac%20Sixty%20Special%20Print.jpg

I just hate those retards going twice the speed limit in town, zig-zaging around traffic... Come on... WTF? It's not hard to break a speed limit, you don't need a Formula 1 car to do so. THOSE ricers piss me off. Sadly most people doing this are the teenage retards driving FWD POS 4 bangers with their stupid loud bass systems (I don't say sound system, because 5 subs and stock corners is not a sound system). ughhh I want to beat ricers with a stick.

typically the USDM motors arent as good as the japanese motors are. normally its cheaper in the long run to buy one form overseas than to build what you already have. the motors we get here normally dont have near the amount of aftermarket support.

You mean cheaper in the short-term. The initial cost of putting in a used up JDM motor is cheaper than building the stock engine up. But that's used vs. new. Rebuilding the JDM motor before the swap kinda evens the costs out a bit. That's what I just don't get.:shrug:

You mean cheaper in the short-term. The initial cost of putting in a used up JDM motor is cheaper than building the stock engine up. But that's used vs. new. Rebuilding the JDM motor before the swap kinda evens the costs out a bit. That's what I just don't get.:shrug:

no, the sr20det can run for hundreds of thousands of miles right along with the usdm sr20de. the diff is the DET comes with a turbo with stronger internals. you dont need to rebuild a JDM engine just because its used. you buy from a reputable comapny and you are set.

havent logged in in a while but heres my .02, i always here 4 banger shouldnt race and what not, v 8 or nothing.... i my self am a fan of domestic cars ive owned a vette ws6 and my stang and i have a civic for work (01). im not sure if any one is aware of this but there are strict restricions on emmision in japan, and car companys are only able to produce cars with a certian amount of cc's so they have to work with what they have, and you might be a little bias if you think its not impressive when, you see a 700 hp 4 banger running 9's, to find v8 domestics (domestic cause your buying it in japan,) would be next to imposible, i dont know about your mustangs but my stock v8 5.0 wasnt very fast at all, plus you have to consider the hp to weight ratio. i personaly would not race or rice out a 4 banger gas is to expensive and thats why i dd a civic, now if atitudes are your problem, thats a whole different thread, i havent taken a side either way but think about this if japan were to start producing v8 sport cars we would be in trouble, as a mechanical engineer, i have to admit that the technoogy and quality of engine japan produces are second to if not better than "ze germans" and would probobly smoke most of the v8 us sport cars and last 200,000 with out changing a single seal; a 350z produces 306hp out of a v6, just food for thought. ill always own a mustang and ill drop my kids off at school in my lopey loud ozone tearing mustang, i love the car but i cant bash an import belive me whaen i say the us has a lot to do to catch up to the quality of import engines.:flag: