Why won't anyone buy my wheels/tires??

DARK-5.0

Founding Member
Feb 20, 2002
Leawood, KS
I'm been trying to sell my brand new set of chrome 03 cobra with nittos and no one is interested. I've had like 2-3 guys ask for pics but then nothing once i give them pics. I just don't understand how I'm selling mine for cheaper than someone can get this whole package new and yet people go out and buy the retail price and post up how much they love them. There is less than 1k miles on my set and they hardly ever got dirty because I washed them atleast once a week. I just don't get it. How can I sell these. Rant over.

Jeremy

• Sponsors (?)

DARK-5.0 said:
$760 for just wheels. I am asking $1000 shipped for the wheels and tires. Nitto 555 up front and 555r Drag radials in the rear. I paid over $1500 for the package so I'm taking a loss for sure.

Jeremy

How are the wheels? Any scratches, anything? Any pictures? Hows the tread on the tires? I need to know if canceling this order is going to be okay. I can always return the wheels to mustangtuning.com though.

[email protected]

Thanks!

DARK-5.0 said:
$760 for just wheels. I am asking $1000 shipped for the wheels and tires. Nitto 555 up front and 555r Drag radials in the rear. I paid over $1500 for the package so I'm taking a loss for sure.

Jeremy

You can get brand new Chrome 03 cobras 17x9 in front, 17x10.5 in back, shipped for the 789.99. I know you just bought 'em, but you might wanna lower your price a bit if you want to get some offers. just my .02

I'm sure you can get those rims for 789.99, but I think by the time you buy tires for them (especially for 10.5 rears), you will be WAY over the $1000 mark. If his rims/tires are in great shape like he says they are and have really good tread, $1000 is not a bad deal at all IMO.

Also, I didn't know they made 03's in 10.5 wide, when did they start offering that?

Here are some pictures of the wheels. I garuntee I could clean these wheels with just car soap and water one last time and put them in the box telling someone I never even mounted them they are in that good of condition. The tires I would say probably have 95% tread on the front and I made it to the track once and burn off the drag radials for about 4-5 runs so I'd say they have somewhere around 80-85% left.

Jeremy

DSCN3378.JPG

DSCN3377.JPG

new_pics_5.jpg

new_pics_2.jpg

new_pics_10.jpg

DARK-5.0 said:
Hahaha, something you can still celebrate huh Rob. Well I'm looking to sell my silver tri bars while I'm at it. So if you know anyone looking for a set. Which I know everyone is.

Jeremy

You gotta list them on Ebay.. The guy who bought mine had them already, and ONE was bad. He lives up North where it snows. He was gonna use his "best" for for summer, and the worst for winter. I just got lucky!

(Actually, everyone secretly loves them, but are under peer pressure to go with the crowd and "hate" them)

Haha, Nice small print. Hopefully if Donjohn has looked back over this thread he was saying he had a bunch of offers for his tri bars so maybe one of his interested guys will buy mine. Mine are in great shape, just a little wear on one wheel.

Jeremy