Why won't my signal lights work?

• Sponsors (?)

I recently had this same problem in my 88. the flasher in the fuse panel is for the hazards. The one for the signals(for my car at least) is behind the fuse panel but up more towards the steering colum. should look the same as the other flasher

well i dont think thats the prob

my genius lil bro was helpin me hook my fan up and he is pretty good with cars to. well he hooked my fan up right to the fuse panel with no inline fuseor anything and well needless to say it fried the fan and the wire runnin to the fuse panel and after that none of the stuff has worked and the blower went out over the winter so i dont know whats wrong with it.

Ponycar said:
CALL Ford with your VIN. there was a recall on the ignition switches. it's FREE. my blinkers and blower died out. I could wiggle the keys and get it working. Ford replaced it & everything fine.

Yup I remember this re call it was the second or largest auto re call in the U.S. It covered almost all Fox bodies and a few other Fords and that switch would catch the car on fire if I remember right:( At that time I was giving my Ford friends a ton of crap about Fords and then that happened :D Back then I was a full blown Chevy man and in many ways I still am a Chevy guy but I bought a four banger Ford to save gas and loved it every since. Hell I loved it so much I bought another :nice:

Finally got mine replaced well after the recall started. if it has never been preformed by FOMOCO then they will replace it. It was a safety issue, therefore its free. As I recall the problems started out in the Aerostar and it went from there. Took them all of 2 hrs to do with no problems.