widest tire and rim that will fit my 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

I had to lose my quads to fit 255's... With a 10.5" rim you're going to want at least a 275.

I don't remember where I got this pic (maybe this forum?), but here's a fox w/ 315's out back mounted on a 17x10.5 wheel.. it's a little much for me personally.

315son1056hm.jpg

i have 275 40 17 nitto d/r's on a 17/9 cobra r's, they dont hit the quad shock, and i had to roll the fender lip, but now they dont hit, whats the widest tire u can put on a 9 inch rim?????????

I wouldn't go with a 10.5" rim unless you plan on serious modifications IE- fender rolling, inner fender pounding, coil-overs, and maybe no tailpipes!

I run a 10" rim with 275s, and it rubs on the quads on hard bumps, I'm switching over to coilovers soon so I may go with 295s.

I have 275 nitto drag radials out back on 17x9.5 inch cobra R rims, and 17x9 with 245 tires on up front, i had to remove the quad shocks, and even dimple my exhaust a bit out back, now if i drop it ill prob. go with the ford B springs, my friend said its the best way to go for my tire size withour using wheel spacers