widest tire on a 8 inch rim?

Black Stang 97

the guy on top of me is funny
Nov 11, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
well im gonna need some tires soon, i have the stock 17 inch rims, look at my avatar, i think theyre 8 inch, what would be the widest i can get on there?? i am planning on getting the fr500 17x10.5 in the future, but i dont think i can afford them at the same time i buy tires, whats the widest i can go for this size rim??

• Sponsors (?)

Black Stang 97 said:
well im gonna need some tires soon, i have the stock 17 inch rims, look at my avatar, i think theyre 8 inch, what would be the widest i can get on there?? i am planning on getting the fr500 17x10.5 in the future, but i dont think i can afford them at the same time i buy tires, whats the widest i can go for this size rim??
how wide will depend on the exact tyre and profile. Go to some tyre manufacture sites they usually have charts to guide you

I went 275/40/17 on my rear stock Bullits. To be honest with you, I can't wait til I upgrade to 17x9s. The 275 fits, but there is a bit more sidewall travel around fast curves then I would like. The actual tire specs said that it would fit 9" to 11" wheels, but it still fit on mine.

I got the 275s cause I knew I would be upgrading. Again,....they did fit, but I personally don't like the feel on the narrow stock wheels.

Just my $.02

Forgot to add that the stock wheels are 8"