Widest Tire On Ten Holes

• Thread starter Deleted member 87397
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87397

I want to put some drag radials or slicks on my old ten holes that I can swap back and forth when I go to the track and I have a couple of questions.

1. What's the widest tire I can put on a stock 10 hole rim.
2. How tall of a tire should I run? 3.73 rear gears TKO 600 trans.

My front wheels are actually 16's, but I figure the 15 inch 10 holes will be okay with the right height of tire.

• Sponsors (?)

For street tires i've always ran 265/50s on 10 holes....they're a little on the short side but they don't rub anything. You could probably run a 265/60 and be ok but that's a really hard size to find.

10 holes are the same measurments as turbines right

Yep, 15x7, same back spacing and everything.

Actually since you mentioned turbines, i used to have a pic of a GT that had them painted black, and then machined off the tops of the fins and polished the outter lips. They looked pretty badass....sort of like the old school hotrod wheels like they used on the General Lee.

I was thinking about going with 255/60/15's, which equates to 27 inces tall I believe. They are only going to be swapped on when I go to the track. I think those should be good for now since it's still the original bolt on motor and it's only pushing about 300. Rear suspension is going to have boxed FMS uppers, torque box re-inforcements, MM adjustable lowers, progressive rate springs, Strange 10 way shocks and and for chassis stiffening full length subframes. Obviously I'm going to have a much better engine in there eventually but that's the setup for now.

Yep, 15x7, same back spacing and everything.

Actually since you mentioned turbines, i used to have a pic of a GT that had them painted black, and then machined off the tops of the fins and polished the outter lips. They looked pretty badass....sort of like the old school hotrod wheels like they used on the General Lee.

there is a guy on FEP who did that to his wheels as well...a gunmetal color though.