Widest Tire/Rims 2002 GT

Starting to stockpile parts for the spring. I do not have spacers yet, and do not plan on getting them this year. Keep that in mind, what is the widest rim and the widest slick that will fit on the car?

The car has a small drop and Cobra rims with 275/45/R17 tires. Looks like I can fit something bigger on it.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got 335/35/17s on 10.5" wide rims out back, but I had to roll the fenders and flip my quad shocks. The quads have been gone since I've installed my Maximum Motorsports LCA's. The arms adjust in height, which allowed me to fit a 26x10x15 M/T slick under there no problem. I've been told a 28x10.5x15 will fit, as long as you have rims with 6.5" of backspacing.

I've got 335/35/17s on 10.5" wide rims out back, but I had to roll the fenders and flip my quad shocks. The quads have been gone since I've installed my Maximum Motorsports LCA's. The arms adjust in height, which allowed me to fit a 26x10x15 M/T slick under there no problem. I've been told a 28x10.5x15 will fit, as long as you have rims with 6.5" of backspacing.

Have you had your car dynoed? Your 1/4 mile times are my goals for this year.

What size width rims do you have with the 315's?

Thanks for the input

i also have the 10.5 inch wide rims, i asked a similar question and the answer i got was 26inch high tire gives you a higher trap speed than the 28. If you go with a 15x10 rim then you will need 5.5 inch backspacing and a 15x8 rim would need a 4.5 backspacing. For you i would say the same that i wanna get which is a 10inch wide 26 inch tall slick