Widest tire up front?

How wide can we go up front on our stangs without any rubbing issues or with it being to wide that it sticks out past the fenderwall? I want to go 275's all around so I don't lose my rotating ability on my tires, but I'm not sure if 275 is too wide. This will be on 17 inch wheels by the way

• Sponsors (?)

I've been researching the same thing myself since I need new tires soon. I want to go 275/40/17s all around too. As far as I gather, a lot of guys do run 275/40s up front and you would not want to go any bigger since the car would be driving you.. There should be no rubbing unless you are significantly lowered or have aftermarket swaybars and rubbing would occur on a full wheel lock.

As for sticking out of the fenderwall, my 255/40s look like they sit flush with it right now. Mind you this is a 98 GT and I don't know about the 99+ cars.

Sorry if this doesn't help but I'm sure a bunch of guys will chime in.

That is standard

On the Cobra 03/04 from the factory 274/40-17 all the way around. It will fit fine. I have a Steeda Front swaybar that is a lot larger than factory plus lowered a little.....so my inner tire can rub the sway bar at full turn but it is not bad and I can still turn pretty much as before....just touches at full lock.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/cvgtpony03/100_0372.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/cvgtpony03/100_0367.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/cvgtpony03/100_0371.jpg

I wish I could get my damn pics to actually show up on here like every one else. Crap.

How the hell did you do that???

Man I have spent hours trying to get the site to accept my files. Always says they are too big. I have to just paste the link to them. I hate you. :D :hail2:

They are the Steeda sport springs in the back with the height adjustable aluminun control arms (set at about the normal height. I have not played with them too much yet) So about an inch or so of drop. Like a dumbass I forgot to do a before and after measurement. Upfront are UPR coilovers. Same dumbass mistake up there too. Tokico Illumina 5 ways all around.

Thanks for getting the pics up. NOW TELL ME HOW YOU DID IT. :mad: I'll give you a dollar. :)

cvgtpony03 said:
Man I have spent hours trying to get the site to accept my files. Always says they are too big. I have to just paste the link to them. I hate you. :D :hail2:

They are the Steeda sport springs in the back with the height adjustable aluminun control arms (set at about the normal height. I have not played with them too much yet) So about an inch or so of drop. Like a dumbass I forgot to do a before and after measurement. Upfront are UPR coilovers. Same dumbass mistake up there too. Tokico Illumina 5 ways all around.

Thanks for getting the pics up. NOW TELL ME HOW YOU DID IT. :mad: I'll give you a dollar. :)

Use the IMG BBCode instead of attaching the files. My StormPay and Paypal address is [email protected] whenever you wanna send that dollar.

I run 275/35/18 all the way around. no rubbing at all. I did however try to install an eibach anti-roll kit and the front swaybar rubbed the inside of the wheels. Im running 18"x9" wheels. Now I have the stock swaybars back in the car and no rubbing issues now.

482574_54_full.jpg