Widest wheel tire with mini tub and stock fuel tank?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
Thinking about mini tubbing to open some real estate for bigger wheels and tires and so i can lower the car more...wondering what will fit and any cons of doing this? Street only car

• Sponsors (?)

My previous project had mini tubs that had 1.250" additional depth added. It'll all depend on what you do with the lower control arm..the spring mount affects inner wheel tub possibilities. My red car had 11" wide wheels with a 7.2" back spacing. After mini tubbing I added coil overs, and did away with the factory upper spring mounts. ( if you're gonna do a mini tub, you may as well open the potential depth to as much as the frame rail will allow).
Properly done, you should be able to accomodate a 315/335 tire back their after a mini tub.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome thanks...i found a shop finally that can do this for me so this week ill be contacting them and getting a price...see how much i can afford to do...im rebuilding my rear as well so ill probably have that shortened a little as well.

How did it handle on the street with the mini tubs? With the coilovers more inboard i was wondering how it affected cornering?