Wierd ?...how much wieght for snow

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
well, unlike some I am not privledged enough to have more then one car haha. So I am about to go to lows and get some sand or soemthing for the back of my car. How much weight should I ahve to put back there to help the most? Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

Well I have put 200lbs in there before when I had too, the issue is if you were to have an accident it could fly up and smack you...not a good deal.

I used a product called Cattle Grip, basically limestone mix and this also helped when I got it stuck. Man I don't miss that, no Mustang goes anywhere in the snow unless it has a set of Blizzacks on the rear.

Rick 91GT said:
Well I have put 200lbs in there before when I had too, the issue is if you were to have an accident it could fly up and smack you...not a good deal.

I used a product called Cattle Grip, basically limestone mix and this also helped when I got it stuck. Man I don't miss that, no Mustang goes anywhere in the snow unless it has a set of Blizzacks on the rear.
LOL I had a set of Blizzacks last year that worked decnt...but DAMN did they smell when U did a nasty burn out hahahaha...I will probably try to put it down where my spare tire goes and see if that works

When I lived in Rochester I used to put 100 lbs of sand in the trunk, and this worked well. I also had bridgestone blizzak snow tires (awesome, night and day difference), and I used to bypass the supercharger in the winter. With these mods and a manual tranny it was actually a decent car in the snow (and we're talking about 95+ inches per winter).