Wife's minivan has sportier tires than the V6 stang?!

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
Ok, I finally gave in and clicked the link on stangnet's homepage to "build my own" V6 premium just for kicks. I know that I've seen some talk about the GT's unagressive tires, but 215/65/16's on the V6 which is considered by most to be at least a "sporty car"?! :notnice: The wife's '04 Mazda MPV has 215/60/16 Dunlops for crying out loud. (and 4-wheel vented discs BTW).

• Sponsors (?)

Ford has done such a good job with the new stang that large tires are not necessary to achieve the desired handling results.MY '03 mach 1 had 245/45/17's and my new '05 GT kills it in every way(roadholding,ride quality and even tire grip is light years ahead).

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd crap twice and die if I went home and found an '05 in my driveway, V6 or GT is fine with me. My comments are more aesthetically based. I'm sure the new Mustang handles like no other has before, but just seeing such a tall sidewall on it doesn't seem right. However, if handling is so improved that a softer riding tire doensn't hurt it, then I have to say kudos to the chassis team that designed it.

Congrats, btw, on your GT. :flag:

bonestock87 said:
Not 1 but 2 '05 GT's 01GT/03ZX9?? :hail2:

My adoption papers are on the way! :D

LOL, the wife liked mine so much she told the dealer to hold the Sonic blue one for her till the next day.She paid for it with her money,mines got a loan.We have a connection with the dealer ,so we got the first 2 GT's he got plus X-plan which he's not giving on GT's yet.I finally get a break in life :banana:

There's some pics over at Brads site under the screen name ZRX4ME in the 2005 pics section.