Will 05 Stang wheels fit a granada front brake conversion?

Bosscat

Founding Member
Sep 30, 1999
England
Has anyone tried it?

The wheels I want to get are 17X8 front and back. Issues is not the size, its the center section? I have a few sets of wheels around the garage, and none fit the granada rotors becuase the centers were a little too wide for the wheels to slip on.

Thanks,
Tony

• Sponsors (?)

any aftermarket 14" (i.e not the stock classic mustang wheels) should clear a granada caliper.

the late model wheels will not fit because of the backspacing. they will clear the caliper no problem.

Well when I was researching on this before actually trying s195 wheels by myself I got very vague even misleading answers. IMO there is no difference between using stang or granada calipers. Watch for upper a-arm clearance or get 19" rims with low profile tires. Some say using 1.5" spacer should clear the a-arm with 17x8 rims. Have a ring machined to adapt your rotor for the wheel, no problem there

any aftermarket 14" (i.e not the stock classic mustang wheels) should clear a granada caliper.

the late model wheels will not fit because of the backspacing. they will clear the caliper no problem.

Not true!!!!! Not all aftermarket 14" will work without modifications. As I have 14" aftermarket rims and they did not clear the caliper. I had to grind down a 1/4 " or so of the nubs on the tops for clearence. And then I still only have about 1/16th" or so between the rim and caliper. I would say that some modification to the caliper might/would be needed to run 14" wheels.