Will 73mm calipers fit 10" rotors?

I'm going to be redoing my front brakes soon. So I was wondering if the 73mm calipers will fit the 10" stock rotors? I figure a little more contact can't hurt.
I don't really want to upgrade to GT 11" rotors. Putting the spindles on(or pulling the old ones off, or both)sounds like a real nightmare. Is this always the case? :shrug:
Any suggestions?
Horror stories?
Dire warnings?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, I think at some point before, somebody on here (I think?) tried to put 5.0 calipers onto their 10" brakes and the holes in the calipers didn't line up.

At any rate, it doesn't matter because the stock master cylinder is way too small to run the 73mm calipers. I put a set of 73mm calipers on my 90LX and the pedal still went to the floor after I bled the system 3 times, so I had to take em back off. They're just too big.

Red_LX said:
At any rate, it doesn't matter because the stock master cylinder is way too small to run the 73mm calipers. I put a set of 73mm calipers on my 90LX and the pedal still went to the floor after I bled the system 3 times, so I had to take em back off. They're just too big.

They won't work on a 4cyl. You need 5.0 spindles and rotors. As for the MC, the stock one will work, you need to adjust the boosted rod out a little bit, I think it's 1 1/4 turns, I forget. The reason for this is because you are pushing more fluid into the calipers, adjusting the rod out, makes up for that.

The stock MC is still not effeicent with 73mm calipers however. It is recomended that you upgrade to a larger MC so that your pedal does not go straight to the floor under severe braking, which I have heard has happened with the stock MC and 73mm calipers.

Evil86lx said:
SVO master cyl and the adapter kit should fix that.

kyle

Okay, I see that Maximum Motorsports has the SVO conv. kit. But I see some disagreement over whether these 73mm calipers will fit 10" stock rotors? Will they or won't they and why?

Who has them on their ride? When you tried them Red_LX did they fit the rotors, it seems from your response that they fit, but could'nt get enough pressure from the stock MC.

Anyone running manual brakes w/o their booster?
I had a '69 Chevelle coupe like that-wondering if I could do that to the 'stang.

freakintiger said:
Who has them on their ride? When you tried them Red_LX did they fit the rotors, it seems from your response that they fit, but could'nt get enough pressure from the stock MC.

My '90 has 11" brakes on it, I probably should have mentioned that before... (I was kind of implying that it did by saying I tried putting on the 73mm calipers)

If I still had my old spindles I would test fit the 73mm calipers on them, unfortunately I gave the spindles away last summer...