Will 99-04 gauge cluster work on my 95?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, it will work. No, I don't know how to make it work. I know somebody posted a link to a writeup on how to do it, but I can't find it.

Two problems with the swap, the trip meter doesn't work(at least in my parents car), and the lights under the guages(airbag, abs, brake, etc) aren't in the same place as the 94-95's.

That's just going to look nasty. When installing a new face, i have to remove the stock one right? So that will leave nothing but the light shining, right. So when I install the other one, another image will light up, but is won't be like a lay over, to where you can see the "brake" light and on top, the "abs". If so, I don't mind cause none of my lights are one.

Mike, can you please see if you can find that thread, I'll search as well.

I'm sure there's a way to do it. If one had the actual connector that comes out of the dash from a 99+, and were to splice the wiring in place of the factory 94-95 harness connector, I would imagine that most of it would work, but I seem to recall that the digital odometer gets its signal from the ECU, but I'm not sure. I saw an '03 Cobra complete cluster for sale on Corral the other day, I was almost tempted.... Althought the boost gauge would have been useless, for the time being.

The Green GT said:
For future reference, the '96-98 emergency lights are different from the '94-95 ones too.
thats a quick fix tho, just cut em out

clusterfront-vi.jpg

clustercutout-vi.jpg

the white with red outline is what i snipped off

and here it is installed

clusterinstalled-vi.jpg

Hey guys, SN 95 noob here.. Only have on question.. I have a 95 gts and I installed a 96-98 gt dash. Will I have to swap the dash wiring harness to make everything work? I am only asking because i am not getting the right voltage for charging. I have replaced battery, alternator,checked grounding, cluster bulb and checked the resistor on back of cluster. Only thing i can think of is that the pin in harness are not lined up correctly due to dash change.
Any light would be greatly appreciated. I have search my eyes cross sided and all i can see is that everyone else wants to put a different year cluster in a 95.
Im pretty sure according to p/n that i have a 94-95 cluster
Thanks for your help