Will a C6 fit in a 65coupe Trans Well ?

Stangninjak

Apr 16, 2004
As the question says, will a c6 tranny fit in an 65 mustang without heavy moding to the trans well ?

I wanted to know because I could get a deal on a c6, but I do not want to spend all day moding the trans well.

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm ok thanks. How was it ? I have been told its to heavy and will rob me of power...

So anyone out there using a c6 in their application with any advice/knowledge/say so ?

Hmm ok thanks. How was it ? I have been told its to heavy and will rob me of power...

So anyone out there using a c6 in their application with any advice/knowledge/say so ?

Popular opinion (not sure if its fact or not, but its the consensus) says it does drain more power than a c4 and is heavier, though its at least marginally stronger. How much more... anyones guess. If its what you have use it until you know you dont like it if it works. Then use the time to save up for a nice C4 if you're set on 3 speed autos.

Popular opinion (not sure if its fact or not, but its the consensus) says it does drain more power than a c4 and is heavier, though its at least marginally stronger. How much more... anyones guess. If its what you have use it until you know you dont like it if it works. Then use the time to save up for a nice C4 if you're set on 3 speed autos.

Well I have a option to get a fully built C6, with all the bells and whistles reaaal cheap..so considering I would just have to deal with a little extra wheight is no big deal then. I was wondering about it. While it is out, I will rebuild my toploader, and use it in another app.

Should be fun at the track night when I take it out ratcheting thru the gears :) At least I will not have to worry about it breaking.