Will a GT front bumper fit on a V6 Mustang?

magnumr2

May 12, 2010
I cannot figure out if a Roush or even stock GT front bumper will work with my V6. Im pretty sure it will bolt on the same but will the honey comb grill fit in the same?? I have a billet grill that I would like to keep but dont want to be surprised when I get a GT bumper and it doesnt fit.

• Sponsors (?)

I cannot figure out if a Roush or even stock GT front bumper will work with my V6. Im pretty sure it will bolt on the same but will the honey comb grill fit in the same?? I have a billet grill that I would like to keep but dont want to be surprised when I get a GT bumper and it doesnt fit.

The grill is different. You would need a GT grill (which is how I have mine setup). Otherwise yea it is pretty much bolt on I think (though I will admit mine was added by a body shop after I was rearended as the middle car)

THe bumper fits like a glove but the V6 grille is slightly different. Some say you can make it fit but is not a 100%. You'll be better off is you also get the GT grille IMHO.

V6 grille is a little smaller than the GT grille, but fits. The GT & V6 bumper covers swap easily. I have an 06 V6 Pony Package grille that I installed in my 07 GT bumper....

258267863803.jpg

yes it will work and look great....bought mine from new take off but you need a few extras to do it right. you need GT specific front splash panels, a new part underneath (splashpan i think) and an new filler panel other wise the front may bow in a little. my front bumper cover came with grill and fogs for 359.00, painted in the correct DCARM. the extra parts put the whole thing around 425.

V6 grille is a little smaller than the GT grille, but fits. The GT & V6 bumper covers swap easily. I have an 06 V6 Pony Package grille that I installed in my 07 GT bumper....

Did the Chrome outlining around the pony and flood lights come on the grill or did you buy it separately? I'd like to see if someone has something like that which will fit on my '11. I've always liked that look.

Did the Chrome outlining around the pony and flood lights come on the grill or did you buy it separately? I'd like to see if someone has something like that which will fit on my '11. I've always liked that look.
I know I'm a bit late, but the whole grill is the pony package grill, it comes with the fogs and chrome. Pony Package is a v6 trim level I'm pretty sure