Will a Motorvator work with my CAI?

Mean03V6

Jan 28, 2004
Houston, Texas
Hey all. Well, I was shopping around for a cheap performance part and I came across the Motorvator throttle body spacer. From what I can see, it's about one inch wide and they claim something like 10 HP gain to the wheels from it. Thing is, I went under my hood today to see how it would fit, and I honestly don't see how I can move my CAI over far enough to fit the spacer. I emailed RPM Outlet and the tech said that my BBK is very similar to the MAC system they sell and that it would work. However, I was wondering if any of you have installed a throttle body spacer with your intake and, if so, how is it working out for you? Another potential problem is my strut tower brace. If I'm going to be installing the Motorvator, I may have to unbolt it from the fire wall and everything and take it totally out, which would suck. So my real question is, do you think that I would have a problem getting my CAI to work with the spacer? Thanks for any and all input and I'm sorry for dragging out the question. :)

• Sponsors (?)

It should definately fit. I have a PowerAid TB Spacer installed with my K&N FIPK kit and it works fine. DO NOT expect 10hp from this mod though, especially at the wheels. You may get 2-3 hp and a few ft. lbs down low but your gas mileage will increase a little as well.

I say go for it, just don't expect 10hp.

I've got the MotorVator TB Spacer on right now, and it works great for me. The only problems are it makes the tube fitments a little quirky, but you can still work them out, and the whoosh that you got form your CAI, now expect a high pitched whine throughout a different part of the RPM's, and it mixes the whoosh and whine sound between those RPMs and is much louder. I'm almost sick of hearing mine now.

Thanks guys. Well, my finances turned out a bit lower than what I was hoping for so I won't be able to get it for about two weeks. BUT, on the bright side, I opted for the Mach 1 grill delete since it was cheaper. Should have it at my house in about a week from Steeda. The shop that does my install work said they'd charge me $65 to put the throttle body spacer on. That seems high to me and I was wondering if it's a big deal to slap it in or is it simple? The shop says it'd take about an hour and a half to do. Thanks again.

First of all the TB spacer does virtually nothing but lighten your wallet, i bought it then 2 days later returned it. now that a have a CAI <densecharger> there would be no way the CAI would fit with the spacer.
If you want it then go a head knock yourself out, its easy to install you can do it your self in less than 2 hours (getting things to fit is the most time consumming) u might need a stud removal tool to remove the 2 studs from the throttle body