Will a Steeda CAI do anything power wise for a pretty much stock 2002 GT?

pts02GT

Jul 26, 2004
I have a 2002 GT w/ magnaflow magnapacks and the stock H pipe..and im thinking about just putting on the Steeda CAI intake on as my first mod. WIll this get me any substantial power gains? If its only like 1-2 hp then im just gunna say screw it and get a drop in k&N Air Filter.

• Sponsors (?)

Your best bet is a full densecharger kit or even the meter foward system ( which comes kith a k&N) and if u are rplacing the stock air intake and box u can get anywhere from 6 to 10 rwhp, well worth the 1 to 2 hundred dollars depending on the system u buy.

4.6 2V with 3480 filter:
+5-7 rwhp, + 8-10 ft. lb. torque (meter forward)
+6-9 rwhp, + 8-12 Ft. lb. torque (full system)

http://www.densecharger.com/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
up to 10 rwhp from a densecharger? well than with my mods I should have over 300 rwhp. I have the full length densecharger, I looked around and it was supposedly the best, turns out I dont think it did much, not even according to the sotp meter. Some guy on here actually dynoed 1 hp less with the densecharger. If I were to do it again I would just drop in a K&N probably and maybe take out the air silencer. Of all my mods the cai is the one I'm least satisfied with. a steeda cai will look nice but dont expect more than 1 or 2 hp, its just for show. Buy a k&n for 40 and spend the rest of the money on a better mod.