Will a SVO/supercoupe t5 work on a 2.3L na mustang

Fastfox619

Feb 4, 2012
So I want to convert my 1992 2.3 auto mustang to a manual. Im not having any luck finding a 4 banger t5 around here. Found an SVO/supercoupe t-5 for $250, my question is...will it work with my mustang? I know the A4LD trannies dont seem to last too long and want to get a jump start before the A4LD takes a crap on me.
Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

87 is a Turbo Coupe, 89-95 are Super Coupes. One is turbo charged, one is supercharged.

So, the question is will the Turbo Coupe T-5 bolt up properly in the Mustang, which I believe the answer is yes, but I will wait for someone who has done the swap to confirm.

I had him look up part no. He came back with 155, which I googled and the search results cime up with 1352-155. A t5 out of a turbocoupe. So it might be just what im looking for.
Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

If it is from a turbcoupe it will bolt right up, they are 2.3 turbos, you may need to get all the parts for hydraulic clutch depending on year. Supercoupes are not a bolt on affair, the supercoupe is a 3.8 V6 not a 2.3, completely different engines with completely different bellhousing patterns. Ask the seller to go out and count the cylinders if there are 6 then its a 3.8, if there are 4 it is a 2.3 and will work.