Will any color be discontinued?

I am never surprised to see inaccurate information in a magazine. So instead of using magazines as my authority, I use the 1994 Mustang sales brochure from Ford.

Here are the colors that were available. I do not see chrome yellow, so your "chrome yellow" one is quite rare indeed, congratulations.

canary yellow clearcoat (GT only)
vibrant red clearcoat (GT only)
rio red tinted clearcoat
laser red tinted clearcoat metallic
iris clearcoat metallic
bright blue clearcoat metallic
deep forest green clearcoat metallic
teal clearcoat metallic
black clearcoat
opal frost clearcoat metallic
crystal white

And that is the end of my posting on this topic. It took this long to come up with that list because I wanted to be absolutely sure -- so I had someone over in the 94/95 forum who happens to still have their brochure look it up. They posted a picture, too, but it doesn't come out clearly enough to read anything so I won't cross-post it here.

Have a nice day.

• Sponsors (?)

351CJ said:
The last I saw on Brad's site was that a final decision on the 06 paint colors has not been made.

But as was said above,

Sonic Blue is most likely gone, replaced by a very dark blue. .........

Anyone hear anything more about the '06 Vista Blue? I'd love it if it was similar to the blue found on some Lexuses - so dark blue they're almost black.

GT-03 said:
From what I read, Ford (and the other manufacturers too) closely watch color trends in areas other than cars. They make their plans based on those trends.

When I was getting my MBA, one of the proffessors who was discussing data mining said that one of his students who was connected with one of the two industries I'm about to discuss had found a positive correlation in...

The color of women's lingerie follows or precedes a trend in sales of similar color in cars by about 2-3 years. So he said that when you see one is popular, can expect in a few years the other would be popular. I just forget which preceded which.

Go figure.

351CJ said:
Slime Green (oops I mean Legand Lime) is most likely gone.

I just placed an order for this car color today. I saw one on the lot and the color is pretty cool. The only concern I have deep in the recesses of my male brain is that I hope it doesn't raise any gaydars.

351CJ said:
There also was a rumor going around that Black was being replaced by Anthracite (SP?)

Better yet... how about making the color names based on the homeland security department threat level...

"I had a hard time deciding between getting the Blue Guarded or the Red Severe"