Will I be choking a 347 too much?

9 Deuce GT

Dec 10, 2003
Geneva, NY
With the parts I all ready have, I am wondering how much horse a 347 stroker would give me. I will be using an FTI custom cam. I realize these parts are not the best for optimum air flow, but....

Current parts:

AFR 165
73 mm mas air
65mm T/B
Cobra intake (will be getting another intake, just have to use this for now)
1.6 FMS rr
24# FMS injectors
Kirban AFPR
190 lph pump
Mac 1 5/8" eaqual headers
MAc 2 1/2" O/R h pipe

• Sponsors (?)

That wouldnt be that bad at all really. 185's would be desired but 165s will work fine...Better than a lot of other 347 combo's I have seen, including my first one I built :)

-Smoke

You are right, most of your parts wont get 100% out of the bigger motor cause they are optimized for the 302 5 liter but they will work good enough unless you want max strip perfromance!

Let me know when you want to get rid of the Cobra intake both top and bottom I really need and will pay good money if it is in excellent condition and not ported too much for street use.

I have a similiar set up (restrictive heads and intake) and the thing is a beast down low. But like highbredcloud said you won't make power past 5200-5400 RPM. It is a good start though as I have been able to get low 12 sec 1/4 times. Over time, I am getting a free-breathing intake (performer RPM II) and some bigger heads so that I can push the motor past 6,000 RPM. Hope this helps

For a normal street driven car, I really would not push it past 5,000 rpm to much any way. I would eventually get the rest of the correct sized supporting pieces, but for now it would have to work with what I have. No one wants to take any guesses on HP?