Will I win?!

aflacjack

Sep 17, 2007
Virginia
First of all this will happen at Bristol Dragway....NOT a street.

I have an 03 Cobra with an MGW shifter, 4 lb lower, CAI, and Troyer tune with 441rwhp and 439 rwtq. I will be running my friends 05 MB SL600. The v-12 with TT. He is 489Hp at the crank and 550+tq. His car weighs almost 1000lbs more. Whatcha think?

03 DSG cobra
441RWHP
439 RWTQ
CAI
4Lb Lower
Troyer Tune
MGW Shifter

03 Two Tone Harley F-150
375 WHHP
465 RWTQ
CAI
6lb Lower
Troyer Tune

• Sponsors (?)

I think those two cars are close enough that the launch will determine who crosses the line first. That Benz has a god awful amount of torque and if he can get out of the hole well you could have your hands full once those twins are up to full song.

All things being equal though on paper you should have him.

U.M.

Its going to be close, i think you might have it. It really weights 900+lbs more than you? GEEZE! Aren't our cars like 3,650lbs (no driver) ...even THAT is heavy!

EDIT:
At first glance, I thought you were racing the Two Tone Harley F-150! I'm like you're going to destroy that thing! :)

something tells me the Benz is not quite the car designed to be launched at a dragstrip. however while he is heavier, he does have the power to push him out of the hole, and the turbos to keep pushing up top. you may have your hands full if you are not careful.

i think if you launch on him and get him by a length or so by the 60ft he wont be able to catch up before the end of the track.

I raced an AMG Mercedez back in the day. It wasn't as fast as the one you described, but he pulled hard after the 1/8th mile. I couldn't believe it. He ended up running 13.10@109MPH