Will my exhaust system bolt up at all?

MadMatt5oh

Jan 10, 2003
St Paul, MN
Damn, I think I fcuked up bigtime guys :notnice: This sucks! Heres my situation

I have a flowmaster catback on my car.

In my closet I have a Mac off road shorty H pipe

My headers came in last week and now I realize I have a terrible problem!

I bought the headers over Ebay and Im not sure of the make. The headers have 3" collectors with 2.5" reducers and a tri (3 bolt pattern).

The MAC H pipe has a 2 bolt pattern! DAMN!!

What am I going to do now! What can I do?

Will my flowmaster setup bolt to the mac h?

My car sits buried in snow in the back yard. I was just trying to get started on things. Am I screwed guys?

• Sponsors (?)

well u cant use a 3-bolt flange on a 2-bolt flange wont seal right. if you h-pipe has the 2-bolt flange than you can use it for the cat-back. but if i were you i would just take it to a exhasut shop and have them cut off the 2 and weld on a 3-bolt flange. cheaper than sending it back.

88stangmangt said:
you cant use reducer's that's makeing it to complicated any exhaust should should have a 2 1/2 inch 3-bolt flange. or they shouldnt be a exhaust shop. $hit i got tons

So these 3 bolt flanges arent hard to come by? I must say it fits better without the reducers but I dont think its a 3" H pipe. Damn, I wish I had planned this out better! :notnice:

you could cap it up with something ur just have the exhasut shop weld it close while you r there. yes the ball is on the header and the socket goes over that. 2 and 3 bolt flanges are very common they shouldnt be very hard to come by worst case secanrio they will have to order them but i would call and ask.