will parts off a cougar fit a mustang?

im rebuilding a 88 gt,and i need alot of parts yet for it,and there is no gt's around being parted out,so i was wondering if parts off say a late 80's cougar would work,like the 8.8 rear for example,im in need of one of these,even though the gears would suck,but anyways,i also need a headlight wiring harness,and engine bay wiring harness and computer,any help on any of this is greatly appreciated,thanks alot.
phil

• Sponsors (?)

some of the parts are interchangeable up til 1988. the rear will bolt in, but it's a little wider and will require wheels with a different off set and back spacing then stock. you're better off posting classified ads and searching the internet for what you need

powertrax91 said:
some of the parts are interchangeable up til 1988. the rear will bolt in, but it's a little wider and will require wheels with a different off set and back spacing then stock. you're better off posting classified ads and searching the internet for what you need

hi,
thanks alot for the insite about the rear,that was a major concern for me,im pretty sure the engine harness will work with minor- no problems,because i dont need to worry about all the emission's crap,and charcoal canister and stuff like that,would anyone happen to know about the headlight wiring harness.again thanks alot.
phil