Will putting these on make ME the king of bling?

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Probably not, but it should make my engine look a lot better! :D

516441_121_full.jpg

516441_122_full.jpg

516441_123_full.jpg

The VC's came in this afternoon, along with my fuel injectors and FP guage (schrader valve mount). The only thing I'm waiting on now is the cam. :banana: The hardest part is gonna be having all these parts sitting in the corner of my room and not being able to put them on until next weekend, lol.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice looking VC's. I'm looking to replace mine soon when I do the intake.

Speaking of having parts lying around that you can't put on yet, I have a new Performer RPM intake, Fox TB conversion parts, and a brand new Accufab 70mm TB in my room just waiting 'till I get my next paycheck to buy the throttle and cruise cables.

:damnit:

bjl95mustang said:
cmant do you ever come to austin?

I used to be down there all the time (girlfriend), now I'm not down as much. But I'll be around this saturday.

mootang said:
just make sure to get some cork or rubber gaskests because the stock ones with the metal frame won't fit.

not to bad for $20 though!:)

Some came with my head gasket kit. :nice: Thanks again for hooking me up with that eBay link. :hail2:

Here's how my corner look as of now. The bottom box is my heads, on top of that are my headers, on top of that are my valve covers, then my timing cover gasket kit, along with my AFPR. Behind that are my injectors, next to those is the box for my steeda tri-ax (which i installed last summer, it's still sitting there though, lol). Then the little box on the bottom are my rockers, pushrods and studs. On top of that is my balancer puller. The summit box is all my miscellaneous stuff, head gasket kit, lubricants, sealants, head bolts and other crap.

516441_125_full.jpg

Well, are we talking parts in general or just ones in our rooms?

If we talk about my project truck that I should really finish before I get heavy into the mustang. . .

-Ford truck 9" rear outside
-Lincoln 9" rear (factory disks) outside
-C6 Tranny in shed
-Torque Converter in garage
-390 FE block on Engine stand in garage
-Harland Sharp RRs for 390 on bench in garage
-Pushrods for 390 in shed
-Pulleys for 390 in shed
-Shaft pedestals for 390 rockers on bench (designed and machined by yours truly)
-1974 F100 (for original parts and final truck)
-1978 F150 (sheetmetal and bed donor)
-B&M kit for C6 in shed

Mustang

-original '94 tails in shed
-Tribars w/ balding tires in dad's race trailer
-Edelbrock Performer RPM on floor in bedroom
-Accufab 70mm TB on floor in bedroom
-Fox EGR on desk in bedroom
-Fox IAC on desk in bedroom
-Fox TPS on desk in bedroom
-Air silencer on floor of garage
-Stock airbox on floor of garage

Damn, I got alot of chit. I'd be real nice to start working on old projects again to finish them up.

You will probably have to use a phenolic spacer with those valve covers because your intake wont fit over them if you are using fuel injection. I had the polished tall Ford Racing VC's on my 331 that I built. When it came time to stick the track heat intake on, it didn't go very well. I ended up sellin them and gettin' some Trick flow short valve covers that are made for the fuel injected intakes. Just some food for thought.

mootang said:
if you plan on doing it in two days make sure you have a third open for when $hit goes wrong. I have had to use the extra day many of times.

I'm gonna start Friday right after work (5:30) and work until LATE friday night. Then saturday morning I'll be up early and work all day saturday until late. Sunday same thing. Then Monday is my day off, and my old man told me just to put the car in the very back bay that way if I'm not done by Monday I can work on it back there out of the way. So I have a good 3.5 days lined up.

NastE50 said:
You will probably have to use a phenolic spacer with those valve covers because your intake wont fit over them if you are using fuel injection. I had the polished tall Ford Racing VC's on my 331 that I built. When it came time to stick the track heat intake on, it didn't go very well. I ended up sellin them and gettin' some Trick flow short valve covers that are made for the fuel injected intakes. Just some food for thought.

I have a 1" spacer sitting in my toolbox. If that makes the intake clear the hood, then my friend has a 3/8" spacer he would trade or sell to me.