Will this look odd???

I was looking for a nice matching front tire for my 18x9 rims that would match in height w/ my 305/35/18's and give a good width...275/40/18 seems to be a perfect match but is well over an 1" taller than the stock tires and taller than the 265/35/18's that I had on the car in the past....will this look odd on the car??? I don't really dig the raked look but didn't know if there would be issues w/ the bigger tire up front
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking for a nice matching front tire for my 18x9 rims that would match in height w/ my 305/35/18's and give a good width...275/40/18 seems to be a perfect match but is well over an 1" taller than the stock tires and taller than the 265/35/18's that I had on the car in the past....will this look odd on the car??? I don't really dig the raked look but didn't know if there would be issues w/ the bigger tire up front
:shrug:

It should look ok, but I prefer the 265/35/18's personally...I run that size up front with 295/35/18 in the rear on my 03.... Just to give u an idea, here is my 95 Gt with 275/40/17 & 315/35/17... It doesnt really look like theres a noticeable difference in sidwall height to me???

DSCN2341.jpg

DSCN2242.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2341.jpg
    DSCN2341.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN2242.jpg
    DSCN2242.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 60
I think you're asking for a driving nightmare going with 275's up front. Sure, if optimum handling is what you're after, they'll probably provide you with the most sure front end grip, but the trade off of poor road manners and often uneven tire wear isn't worth the hassle IMO. I'd go no wider than a 255 out front. :shrug:

I think you're asking for a driving nightmare going with 275's up front. Sure, if optimum handling is what you're after, they'll probably provide you with the most sure front end grip, but the trade off of poor road manners and often uneven tire wear isn't worth the hassle IMO. I'd go no wider than a 255 out front. :shrug:

I didnt want 275's in the front, but they came with the wheel packag i got....As far as my 265's on the Mach, i havent notice any problems, but I plan on going to a 255 in front once my tires wear out just because I dont really need 265's....

You are aware that the 03-04 Cobra's come with 275's from the factory though right???

Yes, I am aware of that, but the Cobra was purpose built for maximum performance potential both at the track and on the street and was also attempting to tame a lot more weight up front than your average 2V owner. I'm not saying it can't be done or would be harmful to your vehicle (although I do believe the rate in which your front end components wear will increase). I'm just saying the darting back and forth and having every rut and crack on the road pull you in every which direction gets old after a short while. And IMO, the slight handling advantage the wider tires might provide aren’t worth the trade offs. And lets be honest…on the street, you’ll never notice the difference in handling between a 245 and a 275.

Yes, I am aware of that, but the Cobra was purpose built for maximum performance potential both at the track and on the street and was also attempting to tame a lot more weight up front than your average 2V owner. I'm not saying it can't be done or would be harmful to your vehicle (although I do believe the rate in which your front end components wear will increase). I'm just saying the darting back and forth and having every rut and crack on the road pull you in every which direction gets old after a short while. And IMO, the slight handling advantage the wider tires might provide aren’t worth the trade offs. And lets be honest…on the street, you’ll never notice the difference in handling between a 245 and a 275.

Your right about the 275's pulling into every rut, especially after a car is lowered & has increased bumpsteer issues....It does get old...

Yes it will look odd with a tire that is 1" taller up front

well the front would match the rear height perfectly...and 26.6 is only 1/2" taller overall than the original 94-95 cobras...(255/45/17's)...so I don't think it should look that odd...I'm going to buy the tires because I'm getting a great deal...if the look is too extreme, I'll rip them off the rims and buy something else...and sell the 275/40/18's to some S197 guys or something

thanks for all the comments guys

well the front would match the rear height perfectly...and 26.6 is only 1/2" taller overall than the original 94-95 cobras...(255/45/17's)...so I don't think it should look that odd...I'm going to buy the tires because I'm getting a great deal...if the look is too extreme, I'll rip them off the rims and buy something else...and sell the 275/40/18's to some S197 guys or something

thanks for all the comments guys

I misread your original post. I thought you were asking if having a tire 1" taller than the rear tire would look odd.

I just ran the numbers and it's only a 0.3" difference. I doubt anyone would ever notice and it's not enough to screw up the ABS. Go for it