Will Underdrives kill my car?

2klaseredstang

Feb 12, 2003
NJ
I was planning on gettin asp underdrive pullies within the next month and i have been reading up about them alot and they give very good power for the money. What I have been hearing is that if you have a powerful stereo it might kill the battery very fast. I have a stereo that puts out around 950 watts rms and i am wondering what they would do to my car? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a big stereo like yourself, but at Idle my voltage meter sits a little less than half. I have a single amp and 12" sub with a factory deck. I would say just put the overdrive alt pulley on when you put the UD Pulley on and you should be fine.

GREENBIOCH said:
I don't have a big stereo like yourself, but at Idle my voltage meter sits a little less than half. I have a single amp and 12" sub with a factory deck. I would say just put the overdrive alt pulley on when you put the UD Pulley on and you should be fine.

I dont think anyone makes an OD alt pulley for the 99+ v6, ASP just uses a crank pulley.

yeah but you got have some serious sized capacitor to make a differance, like a full charge on one is only enough to light a flashlight light for like a second