Window Adjustment Help!

I have an 89 convertible that I just can't not get the window to adjust not mater what I try. When I put the window up with the door closed there is just a little gap where the front part of the window has a small crack.Where the back of it is all the way up. And for the life of me can not just find that last adjustment.

Any ideas please!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

This is the best I can get when rolling it up with door shut. With door open its "ok" and goes fully up.

Did not change or remove weatherstripping

Attachments

• 20160401_220202.jpg
    20160401_220202.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,155
I've spend more time than I really care to remember doing this job.

There are felt covered window stops at the front and rear that control how high it goes.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure what billson is remembering but not the fix today on my foxbody. Two adjustment screws both for front & back window raised mine two inches. The boys at LMR didn't mention them, must be a convertible thing. Mine had gotten so bad I had a pool floaty split & used it to fill the gap.

Last edited:
If you don't have it fixed already, @billison is right. T-tops and convertibles have those stops. One toward the front and one toward the rear.
I just disassembled my driver's door for paint. There are plastic bushings on the glass that hit them to keep the glass from going too high

Not sure what I did then? I loosened the two bolts on both sides raised the window tightened the bolts & it looks factory new. The only felt stop I saw was by the door lock but it seemed there to keep the window from wobbling?

Attachments

• convt.jpg
    convt.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 1,824
Last edited:
Not sure what I did then? I loosened the two bolts on both sides raised the window tightened the bolts & it looks factory new. The only felt stop I saw was by the door lock but it seemed there to keep the window from wobbling?
They're not felt, just two L shaped brackets with two nuts on each one.

I've been schooled thank you to billson & Dave. I got so happy my window went all the way up I didn't think to check the in & out adjustment. Back at it today and I got off my bottom & looked in the door, on the backside of those screws is felt stops. Thanks for sharing your smarts fellows.

Reactions: 1 user