window crank knob problems

my70stang

Jul 16, 2005
Arizona
hey guys,

i live in arizona, and its hot as hell here, so i keep breaking off my window crank knobs since theyrehard plastic and rubber. any places where i can buy some heavy duty, or metal crank knobs?

thanks,

taylor

• Sponsors (?)

mikec35 said:
Are your windows sticking or hard to roll up and down. The handles should not break unless you are getting resistance

My wife just broke the crank knob off the passenger side too! 4 months old item from Cal Mustang. I'm pretty sure I didn't mistreat it when I pressed it on... Windows slide well and she's not exactly a bodybuilder.

sounds good, its just way too hot here and melts them a little bit, enough where if i do get the slightest resistence, they snap right off, thanks codeconv, but do they work on a 1970 still?

my70stang said:
sounds good, its just way too hot here and melts them a little bit, enough where if i do get the slightest resistence, they snap right off, thanks codeconv, but do they work on a 1970 still?
They use a differanct DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR but they still might fit. they are cheap so it might be worth a try.