window/mirror problem

stangme

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2000
South GA
all,
anybody having problems with the windows rollin up tooo far? seems the material or weather strip that is attatched to the side mirror is tearing at the very tip and allowing the windo to extend .. which the window will hit the side pillar and chip the paint.... next question... can i replace my 96 cobra side mirrors with 03-04 cobra side mirrors and resolve this problem... ill have a body shop check the windows to make sure nothing is wrong there.
thx

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think that switching the mirrors will stop the problem. I do think that you might have some wear in the guides or the window track it self. Take the door panel off and check it all out.

SVT32VDOHC

yeah ... went by the body shop today.... they are ford guys.... buys light wrecks and does great rebuilds..... he thinks the same on the window tracks etc. gonna check it out next week and look for some 03-04 mirrors and weather strip while im at it....
thanks... ill post what i find on the window fix..

No problem man, yeah the 03-04 Cobra mirrors will be an awesome upgrade to the 94-98 body style. The bolt pattern is the same, the only thing you will want to make sure of is that the bottom of the base will sit flush on the door because it has that extra long peice that the 94-98 doesn't have.