Window shopping

First order of business would be changing out those heinous yellow plug wires. :puke:

I take offense to this!

73817C17-E2C5-4FB5-BC28-A73E46696121.png

Just kidding. They came with the engine and were brand new.

• Sponsors (?)

If there is rust on the trunk and the doors, be sure to check the strut towers!!!
man that's what I'm worried about. I asked the guy if he had checked and he said he hadn't.
This car is slightly out of town for me, but I have a buddy in the same town, may have him investigate for me.

Reactions: 1 users
man that's what I'm worried about. I asked the guy if he had checked and he said he hadn't.
This car is slightly out of town for me, but I have a buddy in the same town, may have him investigate for me.

My fox I had, had enough rust in the strut tower that I could see it, and knew it was there when I bought it, but though "meh, will deal with it later..."

My (now) ex-father in law helped me that winter with it, and we had to end up putting a new piece in the in the strut tower, and rebuilding most of the frame rail (sub-frame rail?) on that side as it was gone too.

My fox I had, had enough rust in the strut tower that I could see it, and knew it was there when I bought it, but though "meh, will deal with it later..."

My (now) ex-father in law helped me that winter with it, and we had to end up putting a new piece in the in the strut tower, and rebuilding most of the frame rail (sub-frame rail?) on that side as it was gone too.
Yeah, I want nothing to do with that. Not at this point in my life, at least. If it works out, fine, if not, another one will pop up eventually and Ill go get it.

Truthfully, I have no business trying to buy a fox right now. We're closing on the new house this week hopefully, so I'm gonna be swamped until May, most likely!

Reactions: 3 users
The dude sent me a few under carriage photos of the car today, it looks really really clean. Still waiting for pics of the shock towers, but I’m planning on driveling 1.5hrs to Beaumont Sunday evening to go look at it. Might even bring it home.

Reactions: 1 user
Truthfully, I have no business trying to buy a fox right now. We're closing on the new house this week hopefully, so I'm gonna be swamped until May, most likely
The dude sent me a few under carriage photos of the car today, it looks really really clean. Still waiting for pics of the shock towers, but I’m planning on driveling 1.5hrs to Beaumont Sunday evening to go look at it. Might even bring it home

Hmmm.....Which one of the above scenarios are more likely?

Fortunately my wife knows me as well as you seem to in this regard and is on board, or just knows better. I don't know if I should be happy or ashamed of myself.

Closing got pushed back to Monday anyway. :D

Hey I'm glad for you...just remember to stay in the kiddies pool this time.

Cause Everytime you decide to jump into the deep end you end up almost drowning

Hey I'm glad for you...just remember to stay in the kiddies pool this time.

Cause Everytime you decide to jump into the deep end you end up almost drowning
I'm hoping that my schedule will no longer allow for such shenanigans. Plus I've got the whole wood working thing now too that occupies my spare time. So hopefully, this car will get the eventual brakes/wheel/suspension stuff and be good. It's already got h/c/i and I've already got the seats to swap in. Perfect setup for the lawn chair nationals!

waiting huh... you mean he cant just log in to your computer from hundreds or even thousands of miles away and tune the car at your convenience..;)

Trust me, I have thought about reaching out to you. Thing is, I don’t currently own a computer, and don’t want to spend the extra money buying one just for tuning the car. I have things to do while I wait for him to free up, like swap the plug wires!

Trust me, I have thought about reaching out to you. Thing is, I don’t currently own a computer, and don’t want to spend the extra money buying one just for tuning the car. I have things to do while I wait for him to free up, like swap the plug wires!
from experience of dealing with many many customers who had someone else tune their vehicle... you want your own laptop to review the tune and make small changes. I can guarantee that if he tunes the car in one session your cold and hot starts will/may have issues. you will eventually find areas of the tune whilst driving that the car never entered during the session. The best way to fix these small issues is too data-log them so you can review the issue and compile the data into a histogram or graph. Trust me i fix a lot of drivability issues after guys have tunes done at shops.. its the little things that take time [cold start, hot start, standing hot start ect...] even if I do not do your tune I suggest getting a small computer. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=laptop&s=price-asc-rank&qid=1554908289&ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank
anything that will run win XP, vista, win 7, win 8, win 10 will work.. so any computer in the above link will do just fine.