Window shopping

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
I've been window licking shopping again. I decided I can't exist without a fox a long time ago, and it hasn't changed since the departure of my last car. That said, I'm planning on stepping out of my lane a bit - where I usually buy something cheap (sub-$3k) that needs a lot of work, I'm going to fork out some coin for something nicer that doesn't need any work (or very little).

What I've noticed lately is that the expanse between the $3k cars and the $12k+ cars is pretty desolate. Anything that pops up usually vanishes instantly. However, I've found a couple promising leads that I've been drooling over. Just curious which you would pick and why.

Option 1: Blue '91

car 2.png

car 2a.png

car 2b.png

This car seems to be relatively clean, although I think the welds do a gigantic disservice to the appearance of the car as a whole. everything looks well-used and I suspect that just by appearances alone - there's gremlins hiding somewhere, and the vague description doesn't help that feeling any. But for the price, I feel like it could be promising. It's been for sale for a while, started at $9k and now it's down to $8k.

Car 2: White 91

Car 1.png

Car 1a.png

The description here is more detailed, the car is detailed, and although there's not an engine shot, I can't help but think it's detailed too. The only issue is it's $3k MORE than the previous coupe above. That $3k more is what I usually spend on a car!!! But damn, look what it gets you!

Anywho - what do yall think?

• Sponsors (?)

I like that white coupe! I had a 90 coupe with that color combo. The interior wasn't as nice though. It had the same seats as the blue one. Love the 17 inch ponies.

Reactions: 1 user
White one. Just looks cleaner and well taken care of.

The blue one has the potential of being someone's headache they are trying to get rid of.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
^ I thought this same thing. The blue one will end up no better than the car you just got rid of I bet.

Man, they took the right pic of the white coupe. Every time I look at it I want it. It’s just well done.

Are those 17" pony wheels? I'm really getting the urge to get a set for my car. So clean

Only negative on that car is 50K miles, but speedo doesn't work.

Collin, please stay away from the white coupe, it deserves a good owner that will respect it. I've seen what you've done to your past Fox's and I'd rather see you with the blue one.

What happened to wanting an older 60's Mustang?

• Agree
  • Neat
Reactions: 2 users
Just noticed the lack of tail pipes as well. Looks like a good candidate for center exit @hoopty5.0 ...
I have tailpipes luckily!
Collin, please stay away from the white coupe, it deserves a good owner that will respect it. I've seen what you've done to your past Fox's and I'd rather see you with the blue one.

What happened to wanting an older 60's Mustang?
Well fck me then! In all seriousness, you're right, that car is really nice and doesn't deserve to be butchered. But, I don't fell like I butchered the last one, either. it left my garage as a waaaaay nicer car than when it came, save for some engine issues.

Edit* because you dug under my fingernail ever so slightly:
- I restored all the exterior moldings, 1/4 windows included
- cleaned the carpet and went as far as having custom upholstery made (even though it sold before they were ready)
- cut out the wrinkly fender aprons and correctly welded in new, smooth ones as opposed to boogering in Scott Rod panels, and color matched the paint
- converted to 5 lug and rear disc brakes
- added sound deadener
- removed the rat nest wiring from POs and repaired the factory harnesses back to as new as I could make them
- replaced the missing trunk trims
- restored the interior plastics as best I could
- had fully functioning A/C and PS, which it didn't have prior to me getting it.

Granted, I went a bit AWOL on the turbo stuff and lost steam after the baby came, but I'd argue that this car wasn't a hack job.

I can't afford the '60s car that I want and I won't settle for something that I didn't want in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
That white coupe does strike me as the kinda car you put in the garage and just drive and not really do much to. If you are going to mod it, i'd but something else
I don't have the mod bug much anymore. All my buddies have cruisers now. One guy just bought a '55 hard top, the other has a '53 caddy and is picking up a '67 nova SS this week. we all seem to have outgrown the mod phase.

Eh. I dunno. I’m kinda sour on power adders at the moment. I miss having the car that would drive anywhere with the ac on and got 20+ mpg.

I’m sure that’s possible with a blower but i don’t think it’s needed at the moment, or anytime in the future. I still have a lot of time tied up with the wood projects, so that is my ‘’mod bug” for now.

The more I look at the white car, the more I really like it.

Just need to see the engine. GT40 heads and intake (prob explorer) should be good for 270-290 rwHP depending on supporting mods. In a coupe that could be fun.

The more I look at the white car, the more I really like it.

Just need to see the engine. GT40 heads and intake (prob explorer) should be good for 270-290 rwHP depending on supporting mods. In a coupe that could be fun.
I’m starting to regret posting LOL

I’ve gotta be patient. Must wait. Must wait. Must wait...

I remember back in the 90's, when I was shopping for a fox.

"A coupe? I don't want one of those. Looks like a ford Taurus. Gimme a hatch!"

I regret that choice

Reactions: 1 users