Window with Its Own Mind

TomzGT

Sep 26, 2020
Delray Beach, FL
I have a 2006 GT convertible. Today the passenger door window started doing something on its own....it started going down all by itself. When I tried to raise it from the control on the driver's side, it wouldn't go up. I had to try it a bunch of times before it finally went up. The same thing happened when I tried to raise it from the passenger door side so I figured it can't be the buttons. A few weeks ago the same window wouldn't go up all the way after I put the top up. It stopped a little over half-way. I was able to raise it all the way but it usually went up all the way.

Any thoughts? THANKS!

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Try reseting the windows. Start with drivers side and lower it down, hold the button down for 3 to 5 seconds. Roll it all the way up and continue to hold the switch 3 - 5 seconds. Go to the passenger side and repeat. Then passenger quarter window. Last, the drivers quarter window. This should reset the window memory.

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Reminds me of my old 72 olds442, passenger window would roll itself up about half way. I be live it was haunted as it had manual windows.